Imco 3" Extension Box >

Imco 3" Extension Box

Notices

Imco 3" Extension Box

Old 02-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Imco 3" Extension Box

Curious if you have to reglass transom or if the inner and outer assemblies go in stock location? I know everyones thougths on center of gravity but with the 3" extension box I will have the same x and cog as the newer ones.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Floatindirty
Curious if you have to reglass transom or if the inner and outer assemblies go in stock location? I know everyones thougths on center of gravity but with the 3" extension box I will have the same x and cog as the newer ones.
This is a direct replacement although you do know you have to raise your engine when doing this correct? They're box has the -3" raised built into it in order to have your alignment right you'll have to raise the motor accordingly. If you wanted to glass in the transom go with a neutral box. Then just raise everything.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

if your talking about the 12" standoff box with the 3" rise, Irishtornado is correct, everything will bolt right up, but you have to raise the engine 3" to match the standoff box.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Registered

Yea Im aware of raising the engine just curious if the transom needed to be reglassed. Thanks
Old 02-15-2010, 10:18 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

My understandind is you can also use the Stellings adjustable box in the neutral position without raising the engines but even with that it raises the "X" 3/4"-7/8".
Old 02-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Registered

All I hear about the stellings is the possible drive damage.... I really dont need 'more' drive problems
Old 02-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Floatindirty
All I hear about the stellings is the possible drive damage.... I really dont need 'more' drive problems
Have you talked to anybody that has Stellings boxes??????

I do. My boat is a 1997 and has almost 500hrs with them. Originally it had 750hp blower motors for the first 100hrs. It has had 502mpi's since then. The drives are the original 1.36's and have not had a failure.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:16 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

That's what I asked him in a pm. I haven't heard any Neg issues about Stellings boxes either. I'm installing them this season for the first time and would like to know of any problem if any so I know what to look for developing. I'm gonna try the neutral position first with -2 Imcos from std. Bravo 1's and no boxes so it should be quite a difference. Sorry to hi jack the thread a little. I would like to hear of any prolems period on extension boxes.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:39 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

The issue is that with Stellings, you don't use a regular drive coupler to absorb any hard shocks from air time and a missed pull back on the throttle. Stellings does make a "drive saver" that can be used. I do not have drive savers on my boat.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:48 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

I see. I'll be using a set of driveline bellhousings with a pair of Bravo couplers and then shafts back to the drives. We of course had to move the engines forward about a foot and a half and use a rear engine plate for mounting so this shouldn't be an issue. I had heard the solid hub was hard on drives. I think that problem we have solved, Thanks Griff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.