Bravo XR or Konrad 540 PRS? >

Bravo XR or Konrad 540 PRS?

Notices

Bravo XR or Konrad 540 PRS?

Old 03-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo XR or Konrad 540 PRS?

I am looking for opinions on this drive decision: I have an 89 Chris Craft 415 Stinger. Loaded she weighs in around 14k lbs. Over the years I of course I keep powering up! The TRS drives were fine with the original 420hp Mercs. She now is fitted with 550cu 700hp Motors and you guessed it... I keep breaking the TRS lowers. So the question is will a set of Bravo xr's be strong enough or should I go to Konrad 540 PRS. It is work to retrofit the XR's and not sure they can handle the power and weight of the big Stinger. Should I go strait to the Konrads? Tom....
Old 03-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

konrads are big time $$$, I just bought a teague rebuilt platinum xr for $2500 good for 900 or 950 hp. on ebay there was a couple of max machines you might want to check out
Old 03-07-2010, 02:07 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

XR's are not much stronger, if at all, than TRS's. I would go Konrads for sure.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Contact Kurt, he goes by the name biggus here on the forum. He can give you any information you want regarding Konrads and there capability. He may also be able to get you a decent price.

...Jim
Old 03-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

B-Max is rated to 14,500 lbs and 950HP and Tourque.
I ahve had great luck with mine but much lighter. Over 700HP.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

between those 2 in the earlier days Id take a Konrad Id take the konrad, vs an old style bravo.
- but Id prefer an XE with upgraded components shafts (teague , imco, or gadgets builds)

there are more parts and XR builders that Konrad builders.

At this stage if I were re-powering today Id probably go with an Imco SCX. Its proven to be quite beefy.

The ilmor is an awesome piece as well- between an NXT and a #6 capacity wise with far less parasitic loss than the others.

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 03-07-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would go with The Konrad drives.

As far as there not being as many people to fix the Konrad is irrelivent as you won't be blowing up a Konrad like you would a Bravo so I would'nt worry about who is going to repair it.

The cost of a Konrad setup is not that much more then what you will pay for NEW bravo equipment and fiberglassing the transom and moving back the motors. and changing tail pipes.

If you buy all new Bravo drives, tansom assemblies, trim rams etc. and half way through the season you blow one up then need to buy another bravo your cost, plus the inital cost start to climb. With the Konrad you will have peace of mind and enjoy your boat without worring when you are going to blow your next drive.

Buy the Konrads and enjoy the boat.

Where are you located?

Mark