Bravo 1 stuck in reverse >

Bravo 1 stuck in reverse

Notices

Bravo 1 stuck in reverse

Old 04-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo 1 stuck in reverse

Boat ran great all last season. Winterized...started right up yesterday. Started again this morning, neighbor says "put it in gear"...so forward goes perfect (idleing)...back to neutral...into reverse (perfect)...now it wont come outta reverse !!!! I disconnected the cable to the control lever...no binding. I overode the safety switch, started motor (prop still spinning in reverse), and let everything warm up. No luck. stopped motor, and had wife wiggle shift lever while I wiggled and bumped prop back and forth...nothing. Still stuck in reverse. I never reved it while in gear, and it shifted smoothly from gear to gear till I tried to get it outta reverse. Any Ideas ? Thanks !!!!!!
Old 04-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Tinman,
drain some lube out and pull the back. You might find the detent ball and spring has a problem. That seems like the likely problem. I dont see a problem with your cone being stuck, so it should shift.
If the ball looks ok.. pull the kill cord and roll the motor over while you try to shift it with the back cap off. See if the linkage is trying to shift it..

Hope that helps.
Dick
Old 04-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. Gadgets helped me with the whole ordeal. Super guy to take the time to help me. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME SIR !!!

Last edited by tinman565; 04-12-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Your welcome, happy to help out..
but please.. no "Sir".. that might leave others with the impression I might be old..