Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
Grinding Vibration- Bravo 1 >

Grinding Vibration- Bravo 1

Notices

Grinding Vibration- Bravo 1

Old 07-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I have been looking for a good diagram of the bravo 1. Does anyone have a link or old thread?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Before you do anything else drain the gear lube and inspect the magnets on the drain plugs. If the lube and magnets look good then pull the outdrive and inspect the gimbal bearing. You can reach up with your hand and insert a couple of fingers in it and spin it around. It should spin smoothly. Also inspect the u-joints while the drive is off and the driveshaft splines and the splines in the coupler.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Registered

I agree that draining the fluid would be best. I live on a lake and the boat is on my lift, so draining it isn't the easiest. Checking the magnets is always a good idea.

My next Questions: What size are the threads on that drain plug so I can make a hose for pumping it in?

2nd: How do I inspect the gimble bearing?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Registered

Do a search on converting a garden sprayer to an quick lube injector. I built one and it works great, I fill the entire drive in 5 minutes. Sydwayz has the best step by step, the thread is about 5yrs old.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just go to Walmart and and get one of the bottle pumps over in the auto department by the marine stuff. It only cost like 10 bucks, maybe less.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:19 AM
Registered

If you just trolled around for 5 min, and didnt run the boat on plane or under load for any amount of time, I doubt you hurt the drive. Sounds like there was already a problem with the drive as mentioned(gimbal bearing or u-joints). You need to pull and inspect, then refill properly.

LE