Bravo 1 won't trim under power

Notices

Bravo 1 won't trim under power

Old 07-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo 1 won't trim under power

Hello,
I have a new-to-me 97 Crownline 210ccr with a 454 MPI and Bravo 1 drive. The issue I am having is the drive will not trim up when under heavy throttle. In all other instances the trim/trailer trim all work as they should. I can trim up the drive at speed but only if I throttle down first. I can trim down at any speed/throttle position. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

David
Old 07-31-2010, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am having the exact same issues? Anyone know what might be going on? Pumps and drives trim flawlessly on land, all new wiring everywhere, nothing undersized that I know of.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Registered

The boat will be going to the dealer next week so I hope they figure it out. I will post the results.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a high and a low preasure side to the pump. The up is a higher preasure then the down. I wonder if they have the hydrolic lines reversed? This would allow it to work while not under load but once the drives are pushing the boat they would not have enough preausre.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:16 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Weak trim pump. Had the same issue on my old formula. Only way to get drive to trim up while underway was to pull that engines throttle back, trim up, then reapply throttle! Replaced pump and all was good. Doesn't take much pressure to raise the drive when not loaded, but when moving forward the thrust was too much and the pump couldn't overcome it.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:30 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,783 Likes on 884 Posts

Does the drive drop down by itself when it is trimmed up and then parked for few days?????

If so, it probably has a bad seal or valve in the pump.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had this happen once I had my lines reversed switched them problem fixed.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by carter38
I had this happen once I had my lines reversed switched them problem fixed.

BINGO
Old 10-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Registered

Thanks AUDIOFN for the tip. I will try that! That makes sense as the previous owner said the pump was new.

David
Old 10-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Registered

I tried switching the lines at the pump and I was optimistic as the lines were reversed (at least the colors were) according the the service manual. After switching the lines I could not get the drive to trim up at all. I thought I would bleed the lines and disconnected the starboard side up hose at the trim cylinder and hit the trim up. Only a few drops of fluid came out of the line. I then disconnected the port side up hose at the trim cylinder so both sides were open and it was the same story when trim up is pushed its just a couple drops of fluid. After about 15 seconds running the trim up, the fluid began to foam and bubble up through the vent in the reservoir cap.

Does this information provide a clue as to what the problem might be or just complicate it? Any help would be appreciated.

David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.