Notices

TRS Volume

Old 07-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by picklenjim
No. I wouldn't waste my time removing all that steering hardware. Just put it in through the top vent hole in the drive. Just give the prop a spin every once in a while as your putting it in. I fill mine through the top and have never had a problem. If you get 3 quarts in you know your good. Pumping in from the bottom just makes a big mess. Don't know where you came up with 2.6 quarts but my manual says 3 for the TRS and 4 for the TR. Then your reservoir will hold 1 more so you need 4 qts. total for each drive including the reservoir. After it sits a few hours and everything levels out check your dipstick and correct if needed.
My drives are from -76 and the Merc Service manual number 2 specifies 81 Fl. Oz. I looked in manual no 5 now and it specifies 3 quarts like you say.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeppe
My drives are from -76 and the Merc Service manual number 2 specifies 81 Fl. Oz. I looked in manual no 5 now and it specifies 3 quarts like you say.
Ya I just looked in my #2 manual and you are absolutely correct. It says 81 ozs.. I don't know, quess it was a printing error. Just put 3 in the drive and one in the reservoir and you'll see it on the stick then.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all for quick help! I'll just keep filling then. I was really worried I had some internal leak but I guess I'm ok.

/Jeppe