Notices

Arneson 'Hydra Trim'?

Old 03-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by larby
Cool, I'll have a look through that too then!
I'm a lot like George in that I won't take no for an answer unless someone can prove to me that there is absolutely no way of doing something. If no one ever tried to be different we wouldn't be where we are today!

I've added about an inch of rocker to the bottom when I did the build anyway so that should help and 99% of my boating will be done in very rough water, so it won't matter if the bow isn't pointing at the sky naturally!

Cheers, James
And what drive are you going to be using?
Old 03-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this is the big question!!

At the moment the boat is rigged for bravo with a crazy high x dimension, the bullet is only a couple of inches or so below the bottom. Considering that I'll be running about 600hp, I just won't believe that the bravo (which is thin floor) will hold with race use, it's not like I can just take it easy! That said, the boat is quite light, about 3000-3500lbs.

Ideally I'd actually like to go with an arneson as I feel I'll need the manouverability it offers, we have a lot of tight harbours and this boat will also be used for leisure. Also this will obviously be the best option with the little trim tab etc. Only issue for me is getting props and price, so I may look into getting a 2nd hand drive as it'll be a trial more than anything else!

If anyone wants to discuss anything off the board for any reason, feel free to PM me.

Hope this helps,

Cheers, James