bravo II ready to go >

bravo II ready to go

Notices

bravo II ready to go

Old 03-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bravo II ready to go

ran into a snag on the driveshaft bellow. my question is on one end is the clamp other is a ring that needs pushed into the bellow. on that end there are two groves that can both be slipped on over the gimble housing, one grove closet to the end, and the other near the ribs? i also called the people i got it from and they gave me two different answers! thanks for the help
Old 03-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The indentation on th clamp end on a bravo goes over the bump on the flange on the transom assembly and should snap into place. The indentation on the ring fit end snaps into the bell housing ridge, then the ring goes in to secure it in place..

Not to be a wise azz, but if you are unsure, taking it to a pro to at least have him put the boot in properly would be good. You dont want to have done thru all of that work & expense to only have a leak that could cause damage..

Hope it helps.. Jamie / Lakeside
Old 03-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Registered

hey jamie,the problem i have is im getting different answers. i can get that bellows grove to the gimble housing on either grove. the inside one would be alot easier to install the silver ring,but it sounds like i need to use the outside grove. i have been a mechanic , dragster chassis builder for 34 years now but just learning to work on my own boat. you know how it is you dont trust anyone to work on your own stuff. is there any secrets to getting the ring in? thanks again dan
Old 03-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by little d
hey jamie,the problem i have is im getting different answers. i can get that bellows grove to the gimble housing on either grove. the inside one would be alot easier to install the silver ring,but it sounds like i need to use the outside grove. i have been a mechanic , dragster chassis builder for 34 years now but just learning to work on my own boat. you know how it is you dont trust anyone to work on your own stuff. is there any secrets to getting the ring in? thanks again dan
I think you just tried to call me a bit ago... However you did not leave a number so I could not call you back... Sorry I could not click over but my stupid touch screen locked up Give me your number and I will give you a call later this evening or tomorrow.. I have to step out and will be available around 6pm again... Jamie
Old 03-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Registered

yes i did call you. ill try tonight after 5 or so. im waiting for my gimble pin to come in then i can try to put together.