NEED HELP! - Bravo Engine Mounting Question >

NEED HELP! - Bravo Engine Mounting Question

Notices

NEED HELP! - Bravo Engine Mounting Question

Old 04-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP! - Bravo Engine Mounting Question

Is it true that on the new style Mercruiser flywheel housings you do NOT need to use the double wound spring washers between the flywheel housing and inner transom plate? I went to BAM Marine's website and it appears that they still use a fiber washer and a flat metal washer between the flywheel housing and the inner transom plate. I have somebody coming over to drop them in soon and want to make sure the alignment between the gimbal bearing and coupler is correct. Also, the engines have a solid front offshore mounting plate which bolts to uprights, which are bolted to the stringers. There is no real up and down adjustment on the front mount. Again, I'm just concerned about the alignment. I would really appreciate it if anybody could help me with this question. Thanks!
Old 04-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

All I have is the fiber washers. I have offshore mounts in mine.

A good tip is to put some masking or painters tape on those washers to hold them in place while you are putting the engine back in....