Notices

gear lube

Old 04-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
The Bravo Shop oil is where it is at. I can hook you up if you need some.
Can you elaborate on quality?
Old 04-06-2011, 01:07 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Give John at the Bravo shop a call about his oil. I have spent numerous hours with him on the phone, and he really has his stuff together.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Registered

its amsoil 10 w 40 MCF google this,I have been using amsoil75/90 marine gearlube and Im happy with it .just poking around with this I would like to pick up another 100 R,s. Im also wondering if torco RTF would give me some r,s over what Im using.

Last edited by crayolacrazy; 04-06-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:11 PM

alisyn aerospace lubricants offers there pro 21 marine gear lube, I have had good luck with it, would also reccomend lucas products use there engine oil. I have seen some motors on amsoil that had catastrofic faliure that lead bac k to oil issues .
Old 04-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd really consider the NEO that The Bravo shop has. That stuff is what is going to change the way we are all thinking about Bravo failures (I hope)
Old 04-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

I run the NEO oil from the Bravo shop in my 43 BT. Seems to be great stuff. I am installing drive temp guages asap and will post pixs and results of a drive with NEO oil in it vs. a Merc gear lube.

Jason, are you doing the same in you boat?
Old 04-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavor1
I run the NEO oil from the Bravo shop in my 43 BT. Seems to be great stuff. I am installing drive temp guages asap and will post pixs and results of a drive with NEO oil in it vs. a Merc gear lube.

Jason, are you doing the same in you boat?
Yes I am! John gave you a different weight didn't he? Like a 50-60 or something like that.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
That stuff is what is going to change the way we are all thinking about Bravo failures (I hope)

I hope so, too
Old 04-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

if you want the drive gears to last longer ie,,, pitting and cracks to stop... we run Amsoil 75/90 severe gear with a blend of Lucas engine treatment,,,this will stop the premature failures of gears especialy XR gears... i ran one drive with Merc HP gear lube and the other with Amsoil/Lucas mix to test and see the results. both Bravos with new gears, fresh rebuilds,, at the end of the season 50hrs about,,, i took both drives apart.... the drive with the Merc gear oil needed new gears (pitting wear marks) the Amsoil/Lucas drive did not need new gears ,, no sign of wear..... most of the outdrive shops/vendors repackage this combination and resell it as their own "special" blend....... mix one quart of Lucas with 4 quarts of Amsoil 75/90 severe gear
Old 04-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 47EXCALIBUR
if you want the drive gears to last longer ie,,, pitting and cracks to stop... we run Amsoil 75/90 severe gear with a blend of Lucas engine treatment,,,this will stop the premature failures of gears especialy XR gears... i ran one drive with Merc HP gear lube and the other with Amsoil/Lucas mix to test and see the results. both Bravos with new gears, fresh rebuilds,, at the end of the season 50hrs about,,, i took both drives apart.... the drive with the Merc gear oil needed new gears (pitting wear marks) the Amsoil/Lucas drive did not need new gears ,, no sign of wear..... most of the outdrive shops/vendors repackage this combination and resell it as their own "special" blend....... mix one quart of Lucas with 4 quarts of Amsoil 75/90 severe gear
Never heard of anyone doing that. It would be interesting to mix some up & test it against the NEO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.