Notices

700hp on bravo I

Old 04-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drive

Originally Posted by SickSation
How do I get ahold of mr gadgets and how much coin is it gonna take to get it beefed up? Thanks again for all of the replies
Mr Gadgets / Dick Tryce very helpfull guy done some work for me and i live in England shipped the drive to Dick and he shipped it back one of the good guys phone 616 335 8446 hope this helps regards paul
Old 04-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by paul buckner
Mr Gadgets / Dick Tryce very helpfull guy done some work for me and i live in England shipped the drive to Dick and he shipped it back one of the good guys phone 616 335 8446 hope this helps regards paul
Perfect! Thank you
Old 04-25-2011, 05:54 PM
CAM
Registered

At the risk of sounding like a "default" answer, search around for a deal on a NXT dry sump unit. They're rated around 700-800 but I've seen them take up to 1K HP and not have any breakage or oiling issues.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Registered

I wanna see some pics of that sunny..my buddies got a 25 with a stock 330, and it likes to get squiry with that little motor, I could only imagin it with 700 horse..oh, and in my boat, it had a 711 horse on a stock bravo..it lasted..kinda..
Old 04-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered

I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Dick recently (Mr Gadgets) and I can also attest to the fact that he's a great guy and really knows his stuff. Heard nothing but positive reports from others who use him as well. I was going to have him do my Bravo's, but unfortunately the timing didn't work out. If you don't have a deadline, he would be my first choice. I ended up going with All American Drive (George). He's done a ton of testing and offers an unconditional 2 year warranty on his work. Check out his website for his ModMax line of Bravo's. Has a couple drives he builds on the Bravo platform that will hold over 700hp. Plus the 2 year Warranty is a nice bonus.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:50 AM
Registered

Just got my drive back from All American Drive Service (George). My XR has everything new inside. Had all the gears and clutch shaft cryo'ed, lower gears rim polished and then I had all the gears and clutch shaft surface treated with special process that him and I are working on. I'm the test guy for the new process and can't wait to give it a try.
Also had him add a billet top cap with a larger bearing along with a larger bearing in the bottom of the upper with his new steel tower.
From seeing all the clutch shafts he has laying around that have wear from those small needle bearings it's a good idea to upgrade those.
George is a good guy and nice to work with. He is working very hard to improve the drives with some of his own products that are made locally.
Just bolted the drive on the boat last night so hoping to get it wet in the next couple of weeks.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Registered

How Much $ for that set up ?
Old 04-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Whats the point of having that much power and having to baby it, worry about breaking it, down time etc...Thats like building a race car and putting a weak 10 bolt on it.

I had a 600SC coupled to a stock bravo, that went boom, then a Mr. Gadgets Bravo.. that went boom (those were crappy ZX gears thou , bad advice), I couldn`t justify spending $14K on a IMCO in a boat worth $30K but after two drives you`re pretty much there.
And with the IMCO at least you don`t have to try to dance on eggshells.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Max Machine Worx will build you a bravo that will last..
Old 04-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Registered

You would have to call George @ AADS and have him get you a quote. We worked out a deal because I did a lot of research on what materials the internal gears, shafts... are made out of and also did a work-up on the heat treat hardness and process of the components. Lastly I worked out the process for the special surface treatment.
The surface treatment reduces friction by over 6 times so that should make the XR gears turn a lot easier and put less stress on the case… Hardness is also greatly improved for wear. MPH gain should be a plus!
I have access to a spectrograph and a full metallurgical lab for checking the analysis and hardness of the materials and we are working on improved versions of internal parts together.
He has fair prices. Check out his web page.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.