TRS spins in neutral??? >

TRS spins in neutral???

Notices

TRS spins in neutral???

Old 01-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by picklenjim
You could probably take them to a shop that does hi-perf transmissions and tell them your exact problem and I would think they could correct them. I would think the clutch packs are set up too tight or the clutchs are warped causing them to drag.
yeah, I asked art carr about it, seeing as he is the one that build them. He thinks it the clutch clearances.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by killfast1
yeah, I asked art carr about it, seeing as he is the one that build them. He thinks it the clutch clearances.
Did you find out the problem? You might want to call the guy out of medina, oh. I believe his number is on this thread. He does everything in shop. I should of taken mine there would of been way cheaper and less down time. Pier 53 put me on the back burner to there seasonal dock holders which cost me two weekends. Plus they had another shop rebuild my tranny. On top of that they didn't notice the broken spark plug when they pulled the motor... Or did they break it hmmmm
Old 03-21-2012, 09:32 PM
Registered

Im starting to think my trannys are B&M 2 speeds but I dont know how to make them shift. from the pictures I have seen mine look just like them.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Registered

Hey guys. Been a while. Have not had a chance to get this straightened out as have had to rebuild both motors. and replace a gimble ring. Only get weekends to work on this. They are 2 speed B&M transmissions. they are electricaly shifted into a low gear. otherwise they are always in a 1:1 configuration. Basically a direct drive. One drive does spin faster in neutral than the other. once I get everything else together and working, I will check into this.

Been a long road with this boat. Im having to take care of 10 years or so of neglect and fix everything basically.