Notices

XR upper caps

Old 11-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XR upper caps

I bought a set of xr upper units early last spring from a gentleman on this site. Have had no problems with them except mounting my drive showers on them. They have the finned tops so I had to use spacers & grade 8 bolts to mount them to work. Recently I read somewhere on here to use the studs because they add strenth to the case assy, is this true or should I be ok with what i've done? thanks Randy
Old 11-19-2011, 12:03 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Randy,
The studs are better, but if the bolts go all the way, or close, to the bottom it will fill the void. Using bolts will pull on the case and studs create a clamping force. You need all the help you can get with the XR gears and studs are a step better than bolts. Wheather or not it will be a deal breaker, well there are a lot of other weak points to an XR. I dont believe bolts will make or break a drive, but studs are better.
Just my .02.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I had to space my showers approx 2 inches up to clear the cooling fins & I was also in a time crunch to get the boat together so I could make desert storm with -2 inch sportmasters also I was fighting time to test. Ended up testing down there with a couple of bblades props. Ran ok but needs more hp. If I run around 600 hp each will they live or should I start swapping & shopping?
Old 11-19-2011, 01:34 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,782 Likes on 884 Posts

600hp should not be an issue as long as you treat them right.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks Griff, have you been able to check out the river lately? The corps did a flyby about 6 min long from Decater to Omaha & it dont look good. Its on utube somewhere, you can see the rock dike at cottonwood but it looks like about 2/3 of the place where the bar & visitor docks is gone. Would be cool to surround the spot with slips & build a new bar there with some walk bridges to connect it but it would take someone with pockets to their ankles to afford it. Check it out & pm your # maybe get a bite to eat & bs a bit, Randy
Old 11-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about the billet caps with the internal showers? Anyone use these? Anyone a dealer with a good price break?
Old 11-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've seen them but the stuff I run through on the missouri river I would be afraid of plugging them up & not realizing it until the lower went boom
Old 11-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,782 Likes on 884 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy Nielsen
Thanks Griff, have you been able to check out the river lately? The corps did a flyby about 6 min long from Decater to Omaha & it dont look good. Its on utube somewhere, you can see the rock dike at cottonwood but it looks like about 2/3 of the place where the bar & visitor docks is gone. Would be cool to surround the spot with slips & build a new bar there with some walk bridges to connect it but it would take someone with pockets to their ankles to afford it. Check it out & pm your # maybe get a bite to eat & bs a bit, Randy
The river and marinas are FUBAR'd. Bellevue and Sandpiper are completely destroyed. The City of Omaha is trying to condemn all the property in Freedom Park, including the Anchor Inn and Sandpiper Marina so they can reclaim it. Anchor was already rebuilding and the city hit them with a court order to stop.

The city actually does own the land, but it is on a 99 year lease to Hazard Corp who sub leases to the Anchor and and Sandpiper.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Registered

the real answer is drive showers do not work.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

A little birdy told me someone that has enough clout & money is trying to block that measure but I never heard a name so we'll wait & see i guess. Sandpiper definately needs cleaned up, either get all those cruisers off the blocks & in the water or make them go away.some of them are looking pretty shabby.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.