Notices

MSA 300SXR Drive

Old 11-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSA 300SXR Drive

Does anyone have any experience with the MSA STP 200 SXR Drive, or MSA drives in general?

I know Spider and E-ticket have used them

http://www.spiderpowerboats.de/]Spider link

http://www.tuprop.com/stp-300-sxr_153_E_23.html?PHPSESSID=182321d6edbcf84f662b40 347ad87d3a]Drive Link

one E-Ticket cat seems to use them with Ilmor's
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yae4DSUNDbg[/YOUTUBE]
Old 11-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks interesting. How does it shift?
Old 11-24-2011, 01:39 PM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Philm
Looks interesting. How does it shift?
It use a transmission like a zf 63 A I had almost bought one a year back for a project but they are pretty expensive .
I would buy the arneson asd 7 m package which have the transmission in the ext box and have proof his durability .

A friend of mine is working on a boat which get the new duramax vgt engines and the msa drive package .
just got off the phone whit him and he think it gonna give some issues specialy the coupling between engine and drive .

I also did alot r&d on them a year ago and then they had alot problems but maybe they are updated in the mean time

Last edited by bor; 11-24-2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: more info
Old 11-25-2011, 04:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would be interesting to find out the price diference, i've tried to contact several suppliers but have heard nothing at all from them... not generally a good sign.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:37 AM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Orbit1000
It would be interesting to find out the price diference, i've tried to contact several suppliers but have heard nothing at all from them... not generally a good sign.
The price they qouted me for was 15000 euro wich is $21k
WHITOUT the transmission !! wich is another $ 3500 so the total will be 24.500 dollar ex shipping cost from europe ,I think you buy the arneson asd 7 bravo conversion for that if you talk whit Rik .

The reason I looked ad the msa drive was that it was cheaper because the shipping was much less and they offered me a very good discount as sort of sponsor deal .

I have a contact whit the managing director if you want some info I can ask him ,just give me pm