Has anybody broke outer transom plate? >

Has anybody broke outer transom plate?

Notices

Has anybody broke outer transom plate?

Old 01-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelcustoms
I know there is a difference in the bravo gimbal ring and hp gimbal ring .Is there a difference in strength in the outer transom plates between the bravo and hp.
They use the same outer transom assembly (gimbal housing). All B1,2,3,X's,XR's,Sportmaster,XZ,HP use the same one 43881.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelcustoms
Did it break on that lower swivel fork?

QUOTE=smiklos@sunprint;3593344]I have broke one in organized racing and once in testing. The quality of the casting quality plays a big role in if, how and when they fail. We now run the IMCO gimbal.
Steve
[/QUOTE]

The first one did the second one at the top.
Steve
Old 01-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Steve,
How much stronger do you think the Imco is? The SCX is quite a bit heavier and with the 6 props lots of load.

Last edited by SkiDoc; 01-15-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Registered

I feel racing SVL we have done things that would break a hp unit. If you watch this video you can see us slide at 80 with drive 1" below bottom. I have no real data but I can tell you it is not wearing at the same rate a hp would. The 6 props is probaby a whole other world. I have a 32 skater with Imco gimbals and SC drives Hering props.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8NjP...fbAUAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited by smiklos@sunprint; 01-15-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this makes me wonder how much stress the steering rams are
putting on it when they are mounted to the outer plate.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Registered

On our SVL we are not using IMCO steering, the rams are transom mounted WPm. The Skater is using the Imco rams off the Gimbal housing.
Steve
Old 01-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Registered

At X Power Drive we now offer a Stainless X Power Drive Gimbal ring that replaces both the bravo HP and the Emco ring. It is over 300% stronger than both standard units, and we warranty it for life... When have you ever heard that in the boating industry before. We have found that the gimbal ring failure is the major offender on the bravo transom assembly. When they fail it is very dangerous, we have had customers with the HP ring experience a failure and all 4 people in the boat were ejected at 85mph. Luckily all were ok but it prompted us to manufacture something that would be almost impossible to break. Give us a call anytime and we can offer assistance to help you out.

X Power Drive
805-320-5631

Old 01-20-2012, 06:39 AM
Registered

I have experienced a gimbal ring failure open cockpit in the 80+ mph range. Not something you want to try at home!
Nice looking part Bill.
Steve
Old 01-21-2012, 05:30 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Bill(Bob)Auberlen, Any plans to make a transom? Looks like you are using the Merc. with the Stainless Gimbal.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:15 AM
Registered

Your right on. The transom would be the next item to build. First we built the drive, that was the major problem, then came the stainless gimbal ring, now comes the entire transom assembly. We are trying to come up with really innovative ideas, but we become kind of snow blind when you are the same engineers looking at the same projects, and it would be neat to have a new perspective. Any thoughts on what you would really love to see in a transom assembly. Example: Lightweight, titanium, carbon, integrated exhaust, integrated steering, integrated trim, low price, paint color or raw finish, easy serviceability, easy drive removal. How much would you be willing to pay etc. I understand all of the above but you can't have an entire carbon lightweight assembly for cheap, the two can't go hand and hand. Let me know your thoughts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.