Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered

mercruiser- pre alpha drives

found a 233 formula with twin 250 inline 6 cyl, mercruisers mated to mercruiser drives (pre alpha) 1970's). plan on rebuilding engines, purchasing current alpha drives , new transom assemblies etc. Is this something that can be pieced together?

Registered
    My Boats:
    89 villian 2 with 330hp 350 87 scarab 38kv 89 chaparral with 525hp 496 soon to be blown
    hate to saay this but the older uppers are way better hsan the gen2's seen a lot of blown late models an no earlys

Registered
    My Boats:
    42' Sundancer from 2004 formerly known as Big azz cruiser from 2004. Still looking for the right new 38-42 ft. v-bottom!
    Quote Originally Posted by kubelwagonman View Post
    hate to saay this but the older uppers are way better hsan the gen2's seen a lot of blown late models an no earlys
    The way I see it, the OP is asking about the pre-Alpha, not the generation I Alpha. To my knowlege the pre-Alpha and Alpha I/II parts don't match. I'm not sure about the cut out for the pre-Alpha drives compared to the Alpha/Bravo cut out.
    Last edited by A.O. Razor; 01-18-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Offshoreonly Advertiser Offshoreonly Advertiser Mbam's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1972 Cigarette 36 race
    Cut out is the same except for 2 additional holes. Will need to use new style flywheel housing, coupler and exhaust pipe. Most likely will have to make something up to get the exhaust to match up. Should work OK. Oh - new style trim pumps and shift brackets also.

Registered
    thanks all.