Notices

bravo one drives

Old 03-31-2012, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bravo one drives

Started the engines for the first time. Raised and lowered the port drive all went well. Raised starboard drive but would not go down.looked for leaks but found none.anyone have any ideas . The boat is a 1993 y
Top gun
Old 03-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Registered

Angry Drives raised but stuck in up position.

Same thing happened yesterday to me but both drives. Trim pumps working but neither drive will go back down. Finally had someone stand and jump up and down on the drives and they lowered. Anyone got any ideas on the problem? What is the possibility that all rams would cause problems at the same time? Boat sets on hoist in salt water.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

check fluid level in pumps.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:46 PM
Registered

Both full. It is acting like rams are locking on something. Very frustrating.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:29 PM
Registered

Default rams

sometimes if the boats been setting for a while this wiil happen usually after winter.run the drive all the way up and after its up stay on the switch for about 5 or so seconds then run the down button doing the same thing.then back up again staying on the button for about 5 seconds or so.if after 5 or 6 times and it doesnt start going down theres a good chance that the o-rings in the rams have stuck against the outer cylinder and it will need to be disassembled.always make sure the resovoir is full
Old 04-02-2012, 06:12 AM
Registered

the down side is MUCH weaker than up. up has to lift drive against all your power when trimming. all down has to do is stop holding it up, and the prop will push it down. designed that way. if doesn't go down good, have a bud stand on it and run it up and down past the sticky spot. will probably clear up.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered

Default Stuck Drives

Will give it a try later this week. Seems odd that both would do it at the same time, but have eliminated most causes except stuck rams at near same position. Will post results Thursday.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:25 AM
Registered

they are completely seperate systems. in this case, the right hand doesn't care what the left hand is doing.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Air. Just run it up and down several times. Stand on it, etc.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Registered

I'm having the same problems with my Bravo Drive i think..

Mines goes all the way up with no problem, and shuts off once it gets to the stop point, but when i try to bring it down, it goes about 1/2 way down and stops, so if i continue to press on the trim switch, it sounds as if, it's still engaged but it's not moving,,at times i do here some binding noises, but it comes and goes, and i cant pinpoint where its comin from..

i've been meaning to get to it, but weather has not been on my side.. does it sould like it has air in the lines, should i stand on it .. and it does not seem to have any play in it as well..

i have an electrical trim sender guage that does work either, so that didn't help.. could it be ram..but i do plan to disconnect the rams to c if theres any thing obstructing the drive.....Any other suggestions

Thks Q

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.