Bravo X drive tilt problem >

Bravo X drive tilt problem

Notices

Bravo X drive tilt problem

Old 04-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo X drive tilt problem

Hey guys I have two Bravo X drives and the port side tilts up just fine but when I'm tilting down it gets about 1/2 way down and stops. The other side goes up and down just fine.

I looked around the tilt rams and there is slight build up of calcium around the hose connection points. Could it simply be that I need to pull off the hoses and clean the connection points and make sure that there is no air in the lines? I made sure that the pump had enough tilt fluid and it was a low so I filled that back up but still same problem.

I've heard that the batteries can cause issues but I just ran out and bought two new batteries so they are fine, and still same problem.

It's strange that it works fine up and down in trailer mode but when it gets to tilting it in the slower lower mode it doesn't go down at all. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Registered

Do you have the plastic tilt limiters? The other thing could be a bent ram. It will go to the point where it's bent.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:16 PM
Registered

No I don't think the limiters are plastic. I may try to change the tilt fluid and clean the connectors to see if that helps. Does anyone know if there is a different solenoid for the various tilt speeds?
Old 04-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsxrcheckmate
No I don't think the limiters are plastic. I may try to change the tilt fluid and clean the connectors to see if that helps. Does anyone know if there is a different solenoid for the various tilt speeds?
if you have hp motors then you wont have limiters..if they are just regular bravo transoms then your limiters are probaBLT AFU..TRY TURNING THE ONE THAT IS CAUSING THE PROBLEMS.