Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
Volvo DPX Counter Shaft Problem - HELP! >

Volvo DPX Counter Shaft Problem - HELP!

Notices

Volvo DPX Counter Shaft Problem - HELP!

Old 05-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volvo DPX Counter Shaft Problem - HELP!

about 3 years ago and counting my drive ceased up and I replaced the upper portion (new) and rebuilt the lower.

Since then the counter shaft from the top section to the lower has broken twice, and my mechanic hasn't gotten anywhere, any insight to why this continues to happen or what we can do when we replace the parts again would be greatly appreciated.

The 2 thoughts in my mind are that there is something twisted up in the mid section of the drive causing undue stress on the shaft, or there is a problem with the engine revv'ing when I'm shifting in and out of gear causing the stress.

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got three used DPX's that I could let go for probably less than any additional repairs you'd be looking at. All are 1.47 gear ratio.

Drive #1: 2001 DPX-A with roughly 250 hours. Needs a lower gear set, upper has been examined and deemed good to go by my mechanic. $1500 + shipping

Drives #2 and #3: 2000 DPX-R's with "very low hours" (Volvo factory take-offs) on the uppers, and roughly 250 hours on the lowers. $2250 each + shipping

Let me know....
Old 12-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by C_Spray
I've got three used DPX's that I could let go for probably less than any additional repairs you'd be looking at. All are 1.47 gear ratio.

Drive #1: 2001 DPX-A with roughly 250 hours. Needs a lower gear set, upper has been examined and deemed good to go by my mechanic. $1500 + shipping

Drives #2 and #3: 2000 DPX-R's with "very low hours" (Volvo factory take-offs) on the uppers, and roughly 250 hours on the lowers. $2250 each + shipping

Let me know....
hello do you still have a dpx-a drive fore sale
Old 07-28-2015, 09:14 PM
Registered

Default dpx-r

im looking for a dpx-r any chance you still have one laying around
thanks
Old 07-29-2015, 05:45 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

What gear ratio? I have a 1.47 I may be willing to part with? There are still a few new ones that can be had hear and there. They are about $18k