Notices

konrad drives

Old 07-28-2012, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the lower units is what keeps failing, just got them back on the boat today and went for a nice test run, gona try a few different props and change out that rp with the amsoil you guys keep talkn about, seems like u have plenty of drive experience articfriends!!! thanks again for all the info!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Lofty
I thought this thread was about Konrads, there are plenty of drive oil threads.
sounds like he was just trying to help a lost cause. you still selling konrads?
Old 07-30-2012, 02:52 AM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts

So I read (from orig. owner) 740 ft lbs torque on drives rated for 738??
2 ft lbs shouldn't do it but.........., how is boat being throttled on re-entry? How much juice when coming on plane? How often are the throttles pinned at or close to torque peaks?? 740 ft lbs is a pile of torque and is normally what breaks drives, not the HP's.
Hate seeing theese guys going through this much jing but seems to me, any time you're that close to being on the edge......,you'd expect home work needing to be done.
I'm guessing I could take the exact same set up (w/738 ft lb's so we're within mfg's specs) and one tank of fuel, and just w/driving, bring both drives back to the dock in boxes.
It would also kill me to own something like that and know I have to baby it to keep it alive.

Just sayin.......

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 07-30-2012 at 02:57 AM.