Best drive Imco SCX or Max Machine Worx Billet >

Best drive Imco SCX or Max Machine Worx Billet

Notices

Best drive Imco SCX or Max Machine Worx Billet

Old 07-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best drive Imco SCX or Max Machine Worx Billet

Does anyone here have first hand experience with these drives and does any one stand out as the best?

I know MMW customer service is great, and that goes a long way.

I've had friends get passed around with service issues in the past with IMCO stuff when there was a problem.

It's a big expense and my boat eats drives. THANKS!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the SCX is a stronger drive. 5" gears vs regular XR gears.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Registered

I just realized that you have to change out the helmet in the gimble and the whole setup is $12,000 for just that and the upper

I guess maybe the question should be, what is the best BOLT ON upper for the money.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:07 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by formulaok
I just realized that you have to change out the helmet in the gimble and the whole setup is $12,000 for just that and the upper

I guess maybe the question should be, what is the best BOLT ON upper for the money.
BMax
Old 07-21-2012, 06:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
BMax
I actually already tried a bmax. It slowed the boat down 7 mph! Biggest reason was at that time they only had a 1.35 ratio. If dean still owns bravo shop I wouldn't buy a trolling moter from him. He's a piece of s&@?! Long story short he sold me a "brand new only used once" XR that ended up to be a thrown together abortion missing internal parts, and it came apart immediately, then he dodged my calls.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts

Don't know where you got your prices, I bought two scx4 from John Teague this spring, complete drives with # 6 shafts, helmets, and resivores for 14,000 @. changing the helmet is no big job. John was great everything went just as he said, drives were delivered ahead of schedule.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I actually already tried a bmax. It slowed the boat down 7 mph! Biggest reason was at that time they only had a 1.35 ratio. If dean still owns bravo shop I wouldn't buy a trolling moter from him. He's a piece of s&@?! Long story short he sold me a "brand new only used once" XR that ended up to be a thrown together abortion missing internal parts, and it came apart immediately, then he dodged my calls.
The Bravo Shop is not owned by Dean anymore. It is owned by John Pfall aka waconda and is located about 30 miles south of me. He has improved the Bmax in many ways and he is building a new shop at LOTO now. John is straight up guy and stands behind all of his work.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KWright
Don't know where you got your prices, I bought two scx4 from John Teague this spring, complete drives with # 6 shafts, helmets, and resivores for 14,000 @. changing the helmet is no big job. John was great everything went just as he said, drives were delivered ahead of schedule.
That's what imco quoted me over the phone for a SCX and helmet. I don't know what the difference is between the SCX and SCX4

Maybe I need to talk to John Teague! Everything I hear about them is very encouraging.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts

That's what imco quoted me over the phone for a SCX and helmet. I don't know what the difference is between the SCX and SCX4

Maybe I need to talk to John Teague! Everything I hear about them is very encouraging.
I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again, nice people.
Scx4 is the shorty version of the scx. I love mine great drives.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

Dont forget new Drive res bottles and HD gimbals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.