Notices

Imco scx4 drives

Old 09-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Imco scx4 drives

I was wondering how these drives made out this season any good news on them?
Old 09-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm want some feedback on the SCX as well?

Thanks Pat
Old 09-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

From what I have gathered is that they are badass but very finicky to get dialed in.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by keegan
From what I have gathered is that they are badass but very finicky to get dialed in.
What do you mean?
Old 09-24-2012, 07:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

the scx4 is a minus 4 drive, basically a surface drive. Pat if you are looking to maybe upgrade with the insurance, you can use the SCX upper with an Xr lower and keep your drive height the same. If you decide to go all SCX the lower that comes with it is a -2 (need 2 inch spacer to get back to fact height) and the lower is a little more bulky. you can also use an SC lower from imco that is the same height as an xr lower..I've done a lot of research on it for the tiger..if you have any questions call my cell.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
the scx4 is a minus 4 drive, basically a surface drive. Pat if you are looking to maybe upgrade with the insurance, you can use the SCX upper with an Xr lower and keep your drive height the same. If you decide to go all SCX the lower that comes with it is a -2 (need 2 inch spacer to get back to fact height) and the lower is a little more bulky. you can also use an SC lower from imco that is the same height as an xr lower..I've done a lot of research on it for the tiger..if you have any questions call my cell.
I know all that as I have read all the threads here on OSO when I searched for the IMCO SCX...

I guess I read all them i didnt see the 4 on this thread title.

My XR had a 1"spacer on them, i'm going to start a thread to see if anybody has done these with a staggered 39?

I'm hoping to start pricing all this up this week, slammed with work with leaving for Clearwater Thursday and my year end at the office is this week, have alot to do.

Thanks Pat
Old 09-24-2012, 07:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicy
I know all that as I have read all the threads here on OSO when I searched for the IMCO SCX...

I guess I read all them i didnt see the 4 on this thread title.

My XR had a 1"spacer on them, i'm going to start a thread to see if anybody has done these with a staggered 39?

I'm hoping to start pricing all this up this week, slammed with work with leaving for Clearwater Thursday and my year end at the office is this week, have alot to do.

Thanks Pat
ahhhhhlol, check with Phil, if anyone would know he would. that would be a heck of a rise, my guess is getting on plane would be difficult. check with bill at diamond on pricing as well.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts

Had real good luck with mine, approx 50 hrs use with no problems. I bought my drives and props from John Teague, he and Jeff from Hering came up with a prop size. I had Dave from Imco ship my lowers to Craig at Wilson Custom Marine for blueprinting, then back to Imco to be built. When they were done off to FPM for install and dial in. My results were 6mph gain 200 rpm lower. getting on plane is no problem and mid range cruise speed is way better. 53 mph at 3100rpm. will be upgrading my motors to EFI this winter and a few other small mods for a little extra hp.