red dot Gimble bearing >

red dot Gimble bearing

Notices

red dot Gimble bearing

Old 11-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default red dot Gimble bearing

Looking to do Gimble bearing /bellows and waterhose this winter on my B1 drives , i am fairly new to working on these drives ,i know the gimble bearings in my drives have the RED dot on them they are 2001 drives ,do i need to use bearings with the red dot . Every thing is working fine but i do not know when they were last changed . THANKS FOR ANY HELP
Old 11-23-2012, 05:57 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

There is only one bearing that goes in there and they stopped making the red dot bearing a couple years ago. The new ones no longer have the hole that lined up so you could grease them (reason for the red dot)

Last edited by t500hps; 11-23-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

paul,some will argue that the red dot bearing is not necessary,but imo,you can never go wrong useing it,it is slightly thinner than a std bearing,but it will work with any u joint combination,and price is about the same,so i say why not,and i install a lot of them.