Notices

Bravoitis

Old 09-17-2014, 07:46 AM
JCG
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BUP, the Hardin marine adapter I found, is just to replace the plastic fitting used on the transom assembly, from the factory. This does not help with the "Bravoitis" problem.

Hey, Amarket Owner, is this product still available? I have not received reply, when contacting you through your website.

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2014, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JCG
BUP, the Hardin marine adapter I found, is just to replace the plastic fitting used on the transom assembly, from the factory. This does not help with the "Bravoitis" problem.

Hey, Amarket Owner, is this product still available? I have not received reply, when contacting you through your website.

Thanks!
Yeah i spent about an hour searching the Hardin site for the non-existent part lol.

JCG email [email protected] and speak to Sean. Just got off the phone with him, very helpful. And yes the product is still available
Old 09-18-2014, 08:53 AM
JCG
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Blown, thanks for the info. However, that email address is not working for me. Can you please double check?

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2014, 10:57 AM
Registered

Hi JCG. You're right, its actually [email protected] or you can also just call them 8007697698, they pick up straight away. Sean was very helpful.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:07 PM
Registered

So it turns out that she actually didnt have bravoitis and i can thank Sean at Amarket.com for saving me a ton of time and $ getting my boat hauled to the shop to pull the outdrives and do the fix. I was advised by a local mechanic that i probably had bravoitis, and the symptoms i read about online were a pretty good match, so i was convinced she had the bravoitis. But a few moments speaking to Sean about it and he advised me it likely wasn't the case. I did purchase other parts from them (which were an excellent deal) and problems all solved now and back on the water. I know who i'm calling first next time i need or can use non OEM parts. Thank Sean!
Old 09-21-2014, 12:23 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

just asking what was the problem? Blockage in the oil cooler or a lot of debris in the sea strainer? Just guessing.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:30 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Also here is the part from CP that I was talking about. as at times this fitting cracks ( Mercruisers).

I am very aware what Amarket has to offer here plus know exactly what they are talking about "Bravoitis". Also Mercruiser came out with a Service Bulletin about this in 1990 and stated it was a bigger problem in saltwater but does happen in freshwater as well.

Below is the link to what CP has.and its a nice piece as well for anyone looking for an upgrade for the water inlet..

http://www.cpperformance.com/p-5-bra...ter-inlet.aspx

Last edited by BUP; 09-21-2014 at 01:22 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:32 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by blown
So it turns out that she actually didnt have bravoitis and i can thank Sean at Amarket.com for saving me a ton of time and $ getting my boat hauled to the shop to pull the outdrives and do the fix. I was advised by a local mechanic that i probably had bravoitis, and the symptoms i read about online were a pretty good match, so i was convinced she had the bravoitis. But a few moments speaking to Sean about it and he advised me it likely wasn't the case. I did purchase other parts from them (which were an excellent deal) and problems all solved now and back on the water. I know who i'm calling first next time i need or can use non OEM parts. Thank Sean!

LOL. All that without mentioning what the problem was.

Mot of us are on forums looking for info you know. LOL.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

not really fond of those aftermarket parts ..the tube that goes thru the transom and connects on the outside is vey small .I ordered 2 of them . threw them in a box somewhere .if anyone else here has ordered them you understand .they are vey small to pass water ..I called and complained got nowhere .I guess they would work on a small block where you don't need a lot of water .as opposed to a bb 575 or a higher output motor
Old 09-22-2014, 07:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
LOL. All that without mentioning what the problem was.

Mot of us are on forums looking for info you know. LOL.
Good point sorry. It was just my water pump. I initially thought i had a bad impeller / housing, only later realizing the seals were blown on the pump itself. In the meantime i was advised by a mechanic that i probably had bravoitis, which seemed to match the symptoms i was experiencing, so i thought the inflow restriction had put a strain on the system causing both the cracked housing and water pump failure. When i explained to Sean that my temps had been higher at idle but came back down once i was moving along, he told me i probably didnt have bravoitis since the reverse should be true. Got the bearings and seals from amarket to rebuild the pump, water pressure is back to normal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.