Great Job...... Looking forward to more info on the test runs Cheers
Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any more news ??
Old 02-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah. The drives are amazing. The crap thing is a valve stuck in one of my Ilmors and copped a bit of a hammering from the piston.

In keeping with my strategy to not be ever driving home on one motor - EVER AGAIN, I have pulled both motors out and am sending them to Ilmor to get overhauled.

In the 30 minutes of running though, I was blown away. The boat pulled out of the hole so easy and effortlessly ran at 80MPH compared to the old drives and props.

I was taking care to break the drives in when the motor said goodnight. I didn't even get a chance to give them a good hit and see what the top end was like.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:04 PM
Registered

How many hrs were on the Ilmors?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Registered

110 hours.
Also, there was plenty of carnage when they came out. The input shafts were twisted. It must have had plenty of jumping waves at big revs in its previous owners hands. Lots of rounded bolts on the extractors too. The mechanic wasn't good.
I don't like that kind of thing at all, and not knowing the history its something I don't want to have to live with.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:51 AM
Registered

Wow that sucks big time !!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Australia
110 hours.
Also, there was plenty of carnage when they came out. The input shafts were twisted. It must have had plenty of jumping waves at big revs in its previous owners hands. Lots of rounded bolts on the extractors too. The mechanic wasn't good.
I don't like that kind of thing at all, and not knowing the history its something I don't want to have to live with.
This is terrible news Aus.....I thought Ilmors were virtually bullet proof other than the spring issues early on in production. How long has it been since the motors were ran?
Old 02-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Registered

they were run the day before. Maybe it is a spring issue. What was the spring issue?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Australia
they were run the day before. Maybe it is a spring issue. What was the spring issue?
Aus, Below is part of a thread I found in general discussion. Just do a search and you will find plenty of information on it. What year are your motors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMorrow44
I think I might of skipped over the part that said the boat already has a 710 in it. In that case go for it and I doubt you'll be disappointed. As an example of customer service, Ilmore had a bad batch of valve springs in about 80 motors and the ones that failed and ended up breaking the motors, Ilmore took those engines back and gave out new ones. Definitely a good choice.

80 motors? I think I heard 20 and they ended up changing 10 motors in both directions once they figured which motors had the bad batch of springs..... But yes, perfect example. I've also heard from more then one person a story about Ilmor sticking people on a plane if one lacks a local service/repair facility. Absolutely an A+ from a service point of view.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.