TRS part availability ???????? >

TRS part availability ????????

Notices

TRS part availability ????????

Old 01-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default TRS part availability ????????

Are TRS drive parts readily available? Does anyone make special/hardened gears for them?

I am contemplating buying a boat that has TRS but I don't want to get hung on drive issues with parts etc.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aquaforce
Are TRS drive parts readily available? Does anyone make special/hardened gears for them?

I am contemplating buying a boat that has TRS but I don't want to get hung on drive issues with parts etc.
Never seen any special hardened gears but the stock gears are still availiable from merc. Wouldn't say all parts are readily availiable as if you could walk in and buy them. Usually you can find any part though if you know where to look. Lot of parts for them on ebay. You see complete drives around all the time for sale. I keep a spare drive on hand and have another in parts in case I need any. I've always been able to find what I need somewhere. Check through the parts here and see whats marked as NLA.
http://www.perfprotech.com/mercruise...4794900-and-up
What engine?
Old 01-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by picklenjim
What engine?
They were the HO 454's but they have been stroked so the output is the same or better than a 500EFI.

If I get this one I think I will keep more drives and gears on hand.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:28 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trs's

Great folks here in Capri coral fl, especially for vintage parts.
Marine performance specialties run by don and donnie jr. He has no less than 150 or more sitting around on racks....some great, some good. No junk.....and great guys....they don't put the boat tax on anything...
Old 01-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 375 Likes on 252 Posts

I had 2 spare TRS drive for my 357 I bought in 2005... unfortunatly (LOL!), sold the boat in 2011, never broke a drive, and I still have those 2 spares sleeping in my garage... and I never listed them! just in case...

who knows if ever I buy another TRS boat!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by commandersander
Great folks here in Capri coral fl, especially for vintage parts.
Marine performance specialties run by don and donnie jr. He has no less than 150 or more sitting around on racks....some great, some good. No junk.....and great guys....they don't put the boat tax on anything...

SEI responded to my email and said they don't have anything but they mentioned www.dougrussellmarine.com I called them up and they have some things like shafts and gears which I guess would be the most frequently broken items.

I will check on the one you mentioned too. Sounds like there is still enough stuff around to make a TRS boat repairable.

Thanks for your info too.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff32
I had 2 spare TRS drive for my 357 I bought in 2005... unfortunatly (LOL!), sold the boat in 2011, never broke a drive, and I still have those 2 spares sleeping in my garage... and I never listed them! just in case...

who knows if ever I buy another TRS boat!

Great to know and thanks for posting. If I get this boat I will keep tabs on drives and parts as well as have spares to work with. As long as I can boat it is all good. Sometimes it works out that when I keep a spare item the original never fails. That worked out for my Toronado Trofeo with the touch screen in the dash. Now I still have a back up but I sold the car.

What made you buy it? What made you sell it? How did you like the TRS?
Can you recall/estimate how much room was between the engines and the seat back? I wonder about installing a gen set in it.
Do you recall how much headroom is in the cabin of the 357? I have a 242LS and wondered if the headroom of a 357 is more or the same.

Last edited by aquaforce; 01-29-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think with trs you are better off just buying spare drives and having them gone through if youre really that worried about it, or just have the drives on the boat rebuilt when you buy it and you shouldnt have a problem.

With any of these drives i think one of the major problems is that when you do blow a drive from my experience 1/2 the time it destroys the case, so you are going to be looking for used drives anyway to replace the case
Old 01-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plenty of parts out there . mel riggs of riggs marine says hes got 300 of them drives n parts galore
Old 01-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 375 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by aquaforce
Great to know and thanks for posting. If I get this boat I will keep tabs on drives and parts as well as have spares to work with. As long as I can boat it is all good. Sometimes it works out that when I keep a spare item the original never fails. That worked out for my Toronado Trofeo with the touch screen in the dash. Now I still have a back up but I sold the car.

What made you buy it? What made you sell it? How did you like the TRS?
Can you recall/estimate how much room was between the engines and the seat back? I wonder about installing a gen set in it.
Do you recall how much headroom is in the cabin of the 357? I have a 242LS and wondered if the headroom of a 357 is more or the same.
can't remember exactly but either 48 inches or 52 inches head room. I have an excel sheet somewhere with many different measurement I took on different type of boats... will check to find out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.