Notices

surface drive

Old 02-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Price? I do not understand this too!

I do not know what is reall selling price, but catalouge price of small Arneson #6 drive is not higher like at comparable Z drive from "competitors" (Imco SCX4, Ilmor Indy, Mercury NXT and uper)

o.k., it is expenciver like Bravo XR, but this is not honest compare.

p.s.
I really have nothing with Arneson, I would only like to know something more.
I am make this question myself when I find web page of wery fast new OL 29 boat with Z surface drive and did not know what a hell must be this energy killer betwen prop and engine, why they not put only "straight shaft". I am make myself questions like perhaps stability, perhaps better start, perhaps more safe..., and ask this there in this forum.

Sorry for language, I hope that you all understand what I want to ask. Newer the less I live few thousand milles from USA and more than thausand miles from UK too...

Last edited by sinus; 02-09-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Sinus

You are correct, the Arneson Drives are VERY competitively priced...VERY. You get A LOT for your money, and you spend around the same money as the competition, sometimes even less.

But like was mentioned before, the Rumors have made people believe that a Arneson cost more, even though it does not.

I don't care if someone wants a SCX-4 over the Arneson 6/7, or a Mercury #6 over a Arneson 8, but tell us the REAL reason, not some "rumor" you heard from mis-information.

Good news though! There are some new boats with Arnie's being built!
Old 02-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Sinus

You are correct, the Arneson Drives are VERY competitively priced...VERY. You get A LOT for your money, and you spend around the same money as the competition, sometimes even less.

But like was mentioned before, the Rumors have made people believe that a Arneson cost more, even though it does not.

I don't care if someone wants a SCX-4 over the Arneson 6/7, or a Mercury #6 over a Arneson 8, but tell us the REAL reason, not some "rumor" you heard from mis-information.

Good news though! There are some new boats with Arnie's being built!
Doesn't an ASD6/7 have the same size prop shaft and u joints as a ssm6? I know the week link in the ASD6 is the gears in the drop box, the 7 addresses this problem. (along with a thicker tube and larger skeg)

The Asd conversion kit is the best deal going. if you factor in everything from steering, transmission, drive etc. plus you can then sell all of you old stuff and recoup some of the costs.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sinus

I do not know what is reall selling price, but catalouge price of small Arneson #6 drive is not higher like at comparable Z drive from "competitors" (Imco SCX4, Ilmor Indy, Mercury NXT and uper)

p.s.
I am make this question myself when I find web page of wery fast new OL 29 boat with Z surface drive and did not know what a hell must be this energy killer betwen prop and engine, why they not put only "straight shaft". I am make myself questions like perhaps stability, perhaps better start, perhaps more safe..., and ask this there in this forum.

Sorry for language, I hope that you all understand what I want to ask. Newer the less I live few thousand milles from USA and more than thausand miles from UK too...
look at the prop height on OL29 its way high, It "looks" to be even with the bottom or maybe even above. I'm sure a big part of why the run it with a bravo goes back to what people are comfortable with. And it is sold as drive engine package. I'm sure OL will fill the notch and Put an ASD on it if you want.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the rumors..there are..

Have the stinger 312 with trs before.
Rumors are hard in here where live, some says u can only go one speed (fast), problems to plane, total handling problems in harbours, dont by boat with arnesons u buy problems.

Well make my move and buy the cat with asd8.
With surface props have had any proplems at any situation. Planing goes like nothing with more or less throttle, havent see any difference with harbour handling can put boat roll circle like trs also can slow speed drive/steer with one engine and boat is the cat.

Iam very happy with those drives. Also what i have learn the ASD8 are strong no need to worry the drivesystem like many others..
Old 02-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Seems to me in the late 80's more boats had surface drives on them, Amesons and KAMMA,,

I think that is spelled right.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:45 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen the light.
Attached Thumbnails surface drive-dsc01457.jpg   surface drive-dsc01456.jpg   surface drive-dsc01455.jpg  

Old 02-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
I have seen the light.
yup
Attached Images  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
I have seen the light.
How's the Hustler coming along?
Old 02-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sinus

p.s.

If you are serious, call Rik, the drives are very competitively priced.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.