Noise while trimming bravo 3 drives >

Noise while trimming bravo 3 drives

Notices

Noise while trimming bravo 3 drives

Old 05-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise while trimming bravo 3 drives

I have a 1998 formula sun sport with twin 5.7. I bought the boat last August and had it in the water about a month before season was over not really getting to know all its quirks. Over the winter I had a new port motor put in along with full tune ups & drives serviced. I've had the boat out about a 6 times now with no apparent problem. Only issue is trimming motors. Starboard trim lags a second behind the port drive. I start with the drives trimmed all the way down. I hit the throttles and boat comes up on plane right away and performs very well. Problem is if I start to trim the drives up even a quarter from all the way down I get a weird noise I can't explain. It only happens while trimming up. The drives have a tie bar. I've done tight turns both ways without any problems. I'm wondering if its cavitation or cause 1 drive is slightly higher than due to little lag on starboard drive. Or should the drives even be that high. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.