Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
bravo 1 xr problem water getting in. >

bravo 1 xr problem water getting in.

Notices

bravo 1 xr problem water getting in.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bravo 1 xr problem water getting in.

so i am very much a newb to the boating game. i am getting water into one of my lower bravo xr units. the reservor was half filled with milky oil when i pulled the boat off the water last. my question is where is it likely coming from. two issues that jumped out at me when glanceing at it. is for one the spedometer tube came off of the pastic barbed fitting will that allow water into the unit? and also i know it doesnt use the exhaust bellow but one of my drives has the bellow on the drive and the one with water does not have a bellow on the exhaust ports. could either of those be my problem or is it likely a seal somewhere and if so where. never had one of these appart but no stranger to the mechanical side of things.

thanks
Old 06-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No neither of those will let water in. Most likely a prop seal or top cap small oring. Pressure test the drive.