Arneson Users - Water Pressure? >

Arneson Users - Water Pressure?

Notices

Arneson Users - Water Pressure?

Old 06-26-2013, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arneson Users - Water Pressure?

My boat has been converted to Arneson ASD7M drives. As you know, you have to have external water pickups. We are having too much water pressure, which has forced water into the oil, having to change out all gaskets in both engines and having to change out the oil about 6-9 times to get the water out of the blocks. What water pressure is the MAX for you guys? We are having a hard time controlling it. The 15lbs pressure releif valves don't seem to be working. They are installed at a T before the sea strainers. Is that wrong?
Old 06-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 291 Likes on 138 Posts

I've always been told they should be after everything and be the last fitting the water travels through before going into the block. Also, you can take a grinder and start shaving off you pickups little by little each time out until you get the correct amount of pressure.