bmax lower design? good or ok? >

bmax lower design? good or ok?

Notices

bmax lower design? good or ok?

Old 12-11-2013, 12:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bmax lower design? good or ok?

anyone have any experience with the bmax built lower unit case? is it as efficient as the imco sc lower or max machine workx lower? I will be replacing an imco sc lower with it, possibly! any input on its design, or speed lose or gain? thanks
Old 12-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

IMO the bmax lower is no better then a imco SC lower. They both use the same xr gears. If your looking for better hydrodynamics the imco has been the benchmark to compare to.

Now the Bmax upper has larger gears and some love them and say they are bulletproof and some hate them. I have a few friends and OSO members who used to rave about the bmax till thier own broke. Now they are to embarresed to post after being a bmax cheerleader.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Give John at Bmax a call he's changed several of the parts that go into today's Bmax design. He can tell you about the differences over the years.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
IMO the bmax lower is no better then a imco SC lower. They both use the same xr gears. If your looking for better hydrodynamics the imco has been the benchmark to compare to.

Now the Bmax upper has larger gears and some love them and say they are bulletproof and some hate them. I have a few friends and OSO members who used to rave about the bmax till thier own broke. Now they are to embarresed to post after being a bmax cheerleader.
the hydrodynamics is what I was most concerned with. I know they all use bravo gears just wondering if anyone had any info comparing it to the imco sc lower mostly. faster, slower about the same? on a 24ft htm! Probably no real difference on a big V bottom but curious about a small cat. my boat is very efficient the way it is but basically doubling the power (675 to 1300) real soon and like the bmax and the support they have now. I think I can change the shafts in my imco sc lower to work with the bmax upper or just buy their lower, but not sure really what to do! and an arneson wont fit in my garage.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a 24 ft HTM also ,and had a Bmax 1,30 (normal drive height) last year with a 800 hp BBC blower engine ,off course the blower engine went boom after some hours ,it went 96 mph on the few runs I did ,so I removed the blower engine ,and bought a 500 Bulldog to be on the water again ,I also removed the Bmax and now run a Bravo X drive at 80 mph .
I also going to a new engine next year with about 1000-1100 hp ( hopefully) and thinking about using the Bmax again ,or buying a SCX unit ...and use a SC lower
I can,t speak about he hydrodynamics of the Bmax lower cause I did not had the time to use other drives or lowers with the same engine .
Old 12-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Registered

Maybe call WCM and see if they have ever blue printed a BMAX???
Old 12-18-2013, 11:42 PM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o38596-en.html

Claims the fastest lower on the market..................