Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
bravo1 gimbal rebuild/replace >

bravo1 gimbal rebuild/replace

Notices

bravo1 gimbal rebuild/replace

Old 01-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the links. How much strength difference is there between the three? I'm only going to be around the 425 to 450 HP range. I'm leaning towards either the MAG or the HP but I'm not sure which is best for my application. The only other problem I now see is my drive is a 1988 and does not have the oil bottle port, What is this for?

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4f30124f.jpg

Last edited by seebold 236; 01-03-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a bunch of issues with your present setup buy a new or newer used for that matter. I purchased an hp that only contained the ring, helmet, transom and hinge pins cost me hundreds more to assemble as things did not work from my old one like steering pin ect. Made custom bushings due to the wearing out of the cheap delran ones merc supplies. Could have bought new with warranty for labor and material I put into it. If you are handy it can save you some bucks. Personally, I like building and fabricating stuff for the boat so I try to do the work.