Wilson Blueprinting

Notices

Wilson Blueprinting

Old 03-19-2014, 08:16 AM
SRQ
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I never thought of it that way but yep. - lol
With that new ceramic coating he's using if the owner were to ever hit a school of fish, turtle or a log I believe the military would classify it as a weapon of mass destruction. No question in my mind who'd win that battle.

The work is flawless and hate to see it go in the water. I thought it looked better on my living room table but my wife begged to differ. lol

Enjoy
WB
Old 03-19-2014, 11:57 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Do you have all your test data before your services from Wilson Marine ? Also what is your boat and specs & motor specs ? I have a reason as to why I'm asking. I will post it afterwards. THX for your time.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

What about BBlades? They off the same and didn't Hering also do this?
Old 03-19-2014, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 4,295 Likes on 1,239 Posts
Default common dude!

Originally Posted by SRQ
Wilson does do Bravo Sportmaster drives.
I just received one back from him last week. Beautiful work.
The only thing I wished I would have done different was handed him an assembled gear case. Putting the gear case together now is a nightmare. The edges are RAZOR sharp and I have the cuts to prove it !
The gear case I received also came with what he called a ceramic coating. It is a clear coat that is slippery.
All in all beautiful work.
WB

Old 03-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny story. I spent all winta blueprinting my bottom and my sportmaster drives. Got 98.0 on gps. Then all i did was send the drives to wilson. Got them back and ran 96.7. 2 different days and same speed. But the boat did seem to get on plane better.So if you are in so cal . Do ship them all the way to wilson or Just let me do them.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:03 PM
SRQ
Registered

Well here's the pictures as promised of a Wilson Blueprinted Sportmaster. I tried to take pictures that would show the taper and faring (chord) of the skeg as well as other portions of the gearcase Wilson reshaped. Also it looks like the water inlet hole has been welded up, then widened and moved forward. The rear and side edges of the water inlet are razor sharp just as every other edge on the lower gearcase. The ramp entering the water inlet appears parallel to the propshaft. The gearcase was coated wih some sort of clear coat that I was told was ceramic based. It is slippery stuff, so it feels just like a graphite based coating just clear. I was told I could heat the case up enough to install bearings and it wouldn't hurt the coating just not to use an open flame.
Actual in water testing should take place in about a week.
Warren

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520634[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520635[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520636[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520637[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520638[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520639[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520640[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520641[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520642[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Wilson Blueprinting-side-shot.jpg   Wilson Blueprinting-nose.jpg   Wilson Blueprinting-45-angle.jpg  

Wilson Blueprinting-bottom-view.jpg   Wilson Blueprinting-bottom-angle.jpg   Wilson Blueprinting-skeg-cross-section.jpg  

Wilson Blueprinting-skeg.jpg   Wilson Blueprinting-water-inlet.jpg   Wilson Blueprinting-water-closeup.jpg  

Last edited by SRQ; 03-20-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:46 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

You were not kidding that looks very laser razor sharp. I don't think you will need band-aids, I think you will need stitches after handling that lower unit. Good luck with your new and hopefully improved lower unit.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:27 PM
SRQ
Registered

Seriously I have all the edges covered with multiple layers of tape and clear vinyl hose for protection while assembling but gloves are still needed because of its coating. When I did the finish internal wash with soap and water prior to assembly it was like trying to hold a pumpkin seed, its that slippery.
I highly suggest breaking the edges of the case mating surfaces before doing anything. It won't effect performance. If I had done that first I wouldn't have had so many cuts.
My compliments to Mr. Wilsons expertise on obtaining such sharp edge on aluminum, of all metals too.
I'll post again when its been tested. I'm sure my client will be very happy.
Warren
Old 03-21-2014, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Johnson
I am considering blueprinting the 6 lowers on my DCB. Whom has used Wilson and what was before and after results? Not just top speed. I am actually more interested in cruise speed and acceleration results. I spoke to them and they sound very legitimate and claim great all around results.

Thanks!
They did my #6's last winter, first time getting up on plane was very impressed with how cavitation decreased and boat eased onto plane at lower rpms. Not sure about cruise speed change, but the handling of boat at high speeds was much improved. Much more stable and at top end the speed at which the boat gets loose was raised by 5mph. A great investment for my boat.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=SRQ;4092282]Well I never thought of it that way but yep. - lol
With that new ceramic coating he's using if the owner were to ever hit a school of fish, turtle or a log I believe the military would classify it as a weapon of mass destruction. No question in my mind who'd win that battle.

The work is flawless and hate to see it go in the water. I thought it looked better on my living room table but my wife begged to differ. lol

Do you happen to know what the ceramic coating is,and where to get it. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.