Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
And The Saga Continues(DAMN STUMP) >

And The Saga Continues(DAMN STUMP)

Notices

And The Saga Continues(DAMN STUMP)

Old 06-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And The Saga Continues(DAMN STUMP)

As some of you know and for those that don't, last week I hit a stump at low speed, spun a prop, and hobbled home. Had the props refinished with new plastic bushings, installed them (backwards), reinstalled them, and everything seemed to be ok. Noticed one of the drives would not go in as far as the other but is showing all in on the gauge, my trailer function does not work and the gauge shows that the drive is not all the way up on that same drive. The drive in question is the port side that hit the stump and jumped up a bit (was not a violent hit). Called mechanic who said he does not know of an adjustment to bring drive down more to match the other side, only up. To sum up as I bring drives in one stops before other and trailer function will not work. Checked fluids and there are no funny noises. What are your thoughts, would like to go out today.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mseuro
As some of you know and for those that don't, last week I hit a stump at low speed, spun a prop, and hobbled home. Had the props refinished with new plastic bushings, installed them (backwards), reinstalled them, and everything seemed to be ok. Noticed one of the drives would not go in as far as the other but is showing all in on the gauge, my trailer function does not work and the gauge shows that the drive is not all the way up on that same drive. The drive in question is the port side that hit the stump and jumped up a bit (was not a violent hit). Called mechanic who said he does not know of an adjustment to bring drive down more to match the other side, only up. To sum up as I bring drives in one stops before other and trailer function will not work. Checked fluids and there are no funny noises. What are your thoughts, would like to go out today.
air in the system?? find a new mechanic....
Old 06-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
air in the system?? find a new mechanic....
Believe me I would but very limited in this area. I'll check for air. Thanks
Old 06-07-2014, 04:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

The trim cylinders and the position of the plastic spacer that goes into the upper at the rod end of the trim cylinders determine the range of movement....that's where you need to be looking.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Registered

He looked at it and said there is a pin that is bent. He is ordering the pin and we will see if that fixes it.