Notices

Drive Showers?

Old 07-22-2014, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive Showers?

What are the better ones to purchase? Don't want to break the bank on 2 of them or even finding a used set would be Ok with me if they are in good shape running 2 Alpha 1's 86 model wellcraft so not exactly sure what generation I do have?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:21 PM
Registered

This is my second season with Simrek drive showers on my gen 1 alphas. I have an external tie bar and oil lines for drive oil reservoirs. I had to tweak mine to make them work and they still rub slightly (depending on trim angle and how tight my turns are) on the tie bar but if it wasn't for the oil lines they would be just fine. No more really chalky drives...on a rare occasion they may have a slight haze but nothing like before the showers. Again, I had to adjust them.

Also, spoke to owner of Simrek before buying...because of the tie bar and oil lines. He was very helpful and understood exactly what I had to do. I ordered a total of four drive showers, two for a buddy as well and the price dropped quite a bit. Hope this helps.

Last edited by motocop; 07-22-2014 at 10:27 PM. Reason: More info
Old 07-23-2014, 12:12 PM
Registered

I have seen those and have been curious about them what are the pros and con's compares to the ones that go on the top cap?
Old 07-23-2014, 04:18 PM
Registered

I put rhe simrek showers on my BIIIs last fall. Before that I would always get the white mineral deposit on the drives after a weekend of boating from getting too hot, then immersing in water when coming off plane.

With the Simrek showers, no white chalky deposits after several trips.

I also have tie bars, Eddie Marine if I remember right, and consulted with Simrek prior to purchase to be sure they'd play nice with each other. I found Simrek very helpful and recommend their showers highly.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:27 PM
Registered

I also have a tie bar I should Proably mention I will look further into their product also
Old 07-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Registered

If you haven't already, go to Simrek's website and check out the videos. If I recall correctly they show video of the difference between theirs and the competitors with cameras on the drive at speed.