1989 241 liberator 460 bbf i want to place a twin stick controll >

1989 241 liberator 460 bbf i want to place a twin stick controll

Notices

1989 241 liberator 460 bbf i want to place a twin stick controll

Old 12-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 241 liberator 460 bbf i want to place a twin stick controll

Id like to run a twin stick controll on my libby its sticky shifting now and i played with the adjustments long enough.any help would be greatly app. Ive seen a few with this set up, dont know what its called or where to get it.and also can i run any v8 drive on my boat or does it have to be for a 460 . I have found a couple 1.5-1 ratio drives cheap not many 21 ratio whats the difference?i have a mild cam and a weiand stealth intake with a hopped up holley .she runs strong i ran 4 inch ss side pipes it sounds lumpy .with a 20 pitch ss prop im only running 50 mph gps at 4600 rpms .i know these boats are tanks but id think 60 mph should be right.....
Old 12-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If the shifting issue is the shift cut out (dog clutch king cobra I assume), a separate throttle/shifter control won't fix that. If it is the shifter itself than yeah. Note that the shift throw on an OMC is opposite that of a Merc.

2:1 ratio? I thought they were 1.43:1? Either way, you are close with what you have at 4600rpms, so a 10mph increase with a gear ratio change isn't likely.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the charts say my boat has a 21;17 upper and a 17;30 lower I have no idea ?ive had over a dozen boats played the gear and prop game .engine swaps hp increases you name it.......all mercruiser...... this is the first omc and bbf boat ive ever played with .I got the boat very cheap.did the intake and exhaust on it .trying to get some more speed from it.and have been doing tons of research on these 241 liberators..some seem to run pretty good others not so much.i don't know what the kid I got it from did to it the drive doesn't look original.it just seems it should be a little faster to me .
Old 12-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.fourwinns.com/customer-service-catalogs.aspx

Some good info. Fast facts says 45 to 50 with a 241 with 460 bbf. 50 seems like a reasonable speed. When I was younger there was one in our area and I always liked it