Water hose in transom assembly. >

Water hose in transom assembly.

Notices

Water hose in transom assembly.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Water hose in transom assembly.

I bought a good used transom assembly for my 242. When I installed it, I noticed the water hose seems loose at the gimbal housing. I do not want to disassemble the transom assembly. I bought the insert tool and inserts on ebay tonight. Will I be able to locate the hose on the transom plate and install the tapered fitting from the inside of the boat?
Old 12-29-2014, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 79formula
I bought a good used transom assembly for my 242. When I installed it, I noticed the water hose seems loose at the gimbal housing. I do not want to disassemble the transom assembly. I bought the insert tool and inserts on ebay tonight. Will I be able to locate the hose on the transom plate and install the tapered fitting from the inside of the boat?
Ayuh,.... Ya oughta be able too,.... Is the motor still outa the hull,..??
Old 12-29-2014, 07:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Yes you can get to it assuming the motors not in yet
Old 12-29-2014, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts

Motor is out. Inspected it today. The area on the gimbal housing had a little bit of corrosion. I didn't want to have it fail later on so I ordered an aftermarket repair kit.

http://amarket.com/BRAVOBLOCK.HTM
Old 12-29-2014, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an FYI. Mercury came out with a fix for the intake hose where it goes thru transom assy. The replacement hose now comes as a kit with a plastic pipe where it passes thru transom. All new transom assby. Have this new hose with tube.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Clustergear ..I'm not familiar with the new merc part you listed. Do you have part number .Last hose I got certainly wasn't a kit ...It was a hose
Old 12-30-2014, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was putting in a new transom aassby. About a mount ago and there was a plastic thing sticking out were inside water neck bolts on. Something didn't look right so I called Merc Tech support they said there should have been a bulletin in the box about new hose. I had parts guy pull water hose that were in stock and found new ones that have plastic tube. I am not sure of part number as shop is closed for holidays so I don't want to give wrong part number. I do have a copy of the instruction for the new Bravo water hose Kit assby. its four pages if you send a PM with your e mail I can take pictures with my iPad and send to you
Old 12-31-2014, 12:02 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Mercruiser has not update the parts schematics for the newest parts nor the part #'s to show on the parts search. IMO they still might have the water inlet male quick connect available possible in x amount quantities that need to sell first. Just a guess at this point.

Last edited by BUP; 12-31-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to know they came up with a fix. I googled it and couldn't find anything .any links or #'s .
Old 12-31-2014, 04:45 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Attempted fix at the moment not really having that much tested service time as of yet. And like I said you not find anything currently about it as IMO the older parts need to get off the shelf beforehand. I still have 5 in stock so I could just image what the numbers really are elsewhere including at Merc..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.