2002 Bravo 1 vs. XR >

2002 Bravo 1 vs. XR

Notices

2002 Bravo 1 vs. XR

Old 01-23-2015, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Bravo 1 vs. XR

What's the difference between the two drives? Bigger shafts better gears??? I see people constantly ****ting on the XR's on here. Where there flaws? Are XR'S still better then Bravo 1's?
Old 01-23-2015, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 01-23-2015, 07:49 PM
Registered

To each there own when abused they both are short lived. The xr is much more expensive to rebuild with the common gear issues leading to there short life. Helical cut gears live much longer with much less wear then the xr straight cut gears. If you keep the blades in the water and watch your drive temperatures bravo 1s will live behind big power when driven with respect. If you r looking to drive the way you run your drag car jump right into the arenson as no bravo based drive with last.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

I've had about every major piece of a XR fail on me but the most common issue is with the upper gear sets.....many that start chunking out, a few that break teeth off and then break the case when the stray tooth gets pinched between the pinion and driven gears.....that I would say is the biggest flaw.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLUEMAGIC
To each there own when abused they both are short lived. The xr is much more expensive to rebuild with the common gear issues leading to there short life. Helical cut gears live much longer with much less wear then the xr straight cut gears. If you keep the blades in the water and watch your drive temperatures bravo 1s will live behind big power when driven with respect. If you r looking to drive the way you run your drag car jump right into the arenson as no bravo based drive with last.
Bluemagic your opinion is 100% solid. very well put.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:23 PM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BLUEMAGIC
On a high performance boat I'm not sure about what people think "abuse" is. If you bought your boat to run it like it was meant to run and don't want break and worry about breaking drives. Get SCX/SCX combo especially if your boat is a heavier single engine. It will be the best money you spent.