Scarab III mechanical Indicators For Trim Tabs >

Scarab III mechanical Indicators For Trim Tabs

Notices

Scarab III mechanical Indicators For Trim Tabs

Old 03-17-2015, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scarab III mechanical Indicators For Trim Tabs

I have a 1984 Scarab III. The boat has a mechanical trim and trim tab indicators. The cables are cut off at the transom for the trim tabs. I believe I still have the original 280 k planes on the boat. I cannot figure out how to connect new cables to the tabs. Newer 280's have a hole in the base plate for the cable to bass through and then it connects to the lower tab, mine do not. I believe these were attached some other way. Does any one have a Scarab III or know how the cables originally attached to the trim tabs?
Old 03-17-2015, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

My 1984 Scarab II has Morse 33c cables that go out of the transom, down to the K-planes with a quick release slide couplers with a ball mount (Like used on carbs). I have Kaama drives so it has it's has it's own attachment for the Morse cables on the trim cylinders.