Speedy 2's replacement options? >

Speedy 2's replacement options?

Notices

Speedy 2's replacement options?

Old 05-13-2015, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedy 2's replacement options?

I want to buy this fountain but it has speedy 2's and engines that produce 1300hp total. Obviously I would like to have it on the water and working for longer than an hour. I know TRS's are pretty much a direct bolt on swap but are there any others that can handle this power somewhat reliably? Yes, I already messaged Biggis for his options of some Konrads. Just don't know if spending that kind of money on this boat would be really worth it. It's a 83 10 meter btw.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Is that 650 a side?Speedy 2's can handle that. Just not many options on props. TRS is a stepbackwards IMHO they are non surfacing props and run deeper.

The real issue is simply be easy getting on plane.

Wannabe
Old 05-13-2015, 04:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wannabe
Is that 650 a side?Speedy 2's can handle that. Just not many options on props. TRS is a stepbackwards IMHO they are non surfacing props and run deeper.

The real issue is simply be easy getting on plane.

Wannabe
Yes that is 650 a side from blown 468's. I can deal with the lesser options for props I just don't want to buy this boat and toast my drives in the first weekend. How easy it is to get on plane isn't that big of a deal to me. I just want the drives to stay in one piece.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Make sure you use your tabs. i do not know that hull and how hard it is to plane.

The SSM2 uses a TRS upper btw.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wannabe
Make sure you use your tabs. i do not know that hull and how hard it is to plane.

The SSM2 uses a TRS upper btw.
From what i'm seeing from people is it is going to be a bit difficult to plane the boat with these drives (just what i've been told). I have seen that they use TRS uppers. From what i'm being told the drives were redone when the engines were built and both engines and drives only have 20hrs. There is documentation for the engines and I told him I need documentation for the refresh on the drives. From what i've seen/heard it is nearly impossible to get them rebuilt so I am not sure I trust that they were done.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Parts are out there but limited. 650HP on a 10M Fountain should live if you throttle it well and don't try to beat it out of the hole. There were many 10M Fountains built with #2's from the factory. There is a set of Konrads in the swap section for 13K. Bolt them on and go no issues.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CIG3
Parts are out there but limited. 650HP on a 10M Fountain should live if you throttle it well and don't try to beat it out of the hole. There were many 10M Fountains built with #2's from the factory. There is a set of Konrads in the swap section for 13K. Bolt them on and go no issues.
I never do hole shots because to be quite honest, i'm not any good at it. I'm pretty good once it is on plane and we are cooking. Most my buddies said I drove my formula like a lil ***** most of the time so there is that lol.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

I would run the boat with the #2's and buy some trs drives as spares . U can always put a 2 inch spacer in and get back to the #2 depth if the trs are to high. FYI I had a 85 10 meter trs boat (no spacer) that orginally had 2's and I also had a 88 10 meter trs boat.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TomFTM
I would run the boat with the #2's and buy some trs drives as spares . U can always put a 2 inch spacer in and get back to the #2 depth if the trs are to high. FYI I had a 85 10 meter trs boat (no spacer) that orginally had 2's and I also had a 88 10 meter trs boat.
2's are deeper in the water than trs? i thought nothing (except tr's) were deeper than trs's. heck, a bravo 2 is only 0.3 inches longer than a trs.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
2's are deeper in the water than trs? i thought nothing (except tr's) were deeper than trs's. heck, a bravo 2 is only 0.3 inches longer than a trs.
Yes, #2's are deeper than TRS. He will actually raise his X going to a TRS and maybe get some speed out of it. (That's just funny reading it!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.