Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
Question... When you break a gimbal ring like this... >

Question... When you break a gimbal ring like this...

Notices

Question... When you break a gimbal ring like this...

Old 09-30-2015, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teamsynergy
I won't post the actual survey report yet but yes, one fact they mentioned was that u-joint failure was the cause for my failure... Wear and tear I believe lol. Per the merc reps, the gimbal ring won't crack from a u-joint failure but from an impact... This guy even listed my motors as 700+ hp just from looking at the outside of them... Love to know how he does his math. On top of that, motors have stock 575sci fuel injection system which he stated was replaced with a larger system that pushes the motors past their operational capacity...
So what insurance company do we avoid?
Old 09-30-2015, 07:24 PM
Registered

Avoid progressive...
Originally Posted by MichiMike
So what insurance company do we avoid?
Old 09-30-2015, 07:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by teamsynergy
Avoid progressive...
Ha they spend sooo much on advertising.Why pay claims when they can sucker in new customers when existing ones cancel?
Old 09-30-2015, 11:26 PM
Registered

Maybe you should call up Flow directly and tell her what a "bundle" of fun you are having with your claim. Like the good hands of Allstate that strangle every penny out of you if you get into accident. Sorry couldn't help myself. I hope they cover your claim
Old 10-01-2015, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I could tell the worst Progressive horror story but it would be too long. I should have called the police and an attorney because what they did to me was outright fraud and I had them busted red handed. But I wanted to go boating....
Old 10-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Registered

Here is the story, we were out, in 2'-3' waves out in front of St. Joseph, MI and bang, I thought I blew a gearset on my port drive. Shut it down and trimmed up to take a peek at the prop and also to spin it around to see if it was upper or lower related... to my dismay... I only saw my stbd drive assy... it took approx. 3 second for the "oh $hit" feeling to hit me then I grabbed my dive mask along with a dock line and jumped in the water... luckily, the drive was still hanging there by the tiebar and it sheared the u-joint assembly off at the yoke where it enters the drive so it was still planted into the coupler and I wasn't taking on water. I tied up the drive and began limping back to the boat launch. I looked behind the boat after I got out of the water and sure enough, about 50 yrds behind me I could see something bobbing... SOB... So, called the insurance company, filed my claim, 1.5 months later, get the denial letter after their surveyor went out and said a bunch of BS about a u-joint failure...
Old 10-01-2015, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks. Sorry to hear about that luck with progressive. Hope you can get them to cover it.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Is there signs of an impact on the drive?
Old 10-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Registered

Yeah, there is a slight indentation that is about 1.5" tall on the leading edge just above the bullet.
Originally Posted by donzi matt
Is there signs of an impact on the drive?
Old 10-01-2015, 10:23 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

So, what did he insurance agent think was bobbing in the water, your big fat brown or black wallet ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.