Trs upper With a Bravo Lower >

Trs upper With a Bravo Lower

Notices

Trs upper With a Bravo Lower

Old 12-27-2015, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
have you thought about shortening bravo lowers for bravo uppers?
I can but didnt think there would be much of a market because of the imcos and etc.s out there
Old 12-27-2015, 06:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by goin70
Please keep me posted on the testing and production plans. Is it possible to change the depth from the current 4.750 without substantial cost? My engine is almost exactly the same output as you are running, but I go through a built Merctrans. I believe if I do not abuse the setup the trans should give me some service life. It is not practical to move the motor forward and install a Borge Warner transmission. Does the setup have any limitation to propeller diameter and pitch. It looks to be a close fit. What propeller are you running? Great stuff and thanks for the additional information?
I can build them any depth up to what I have. I run a 14 5/8 Rev 4 Prop. a 15 inch prop would be pushing on this lower. But on a slightly deeper unit any prop is possible. I just wanted the highest deminsion possible for my deal
Old 12-27-2015, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowRyd
I can but didnt think there would be much of a market because of the imcos and etc.s out there

If you can do it cheaper..... there may be...
Old 12-27-2015, 07:21 PM
Registered
Gold Member

The 4.750 might be a workable combination. Do you have the ability to fine tune the depth if needed? It sounds like the prop selection will not be a problem.
Originally Posted by SlowRyd
I can build them any depth up to what I have. I run a 14 5/8 Rev 4 Prop. a 15 inch prop would be pushing on this lower. But on a slightly deeper unit any prop is possible. I just wanted the highest deminsion possible for my deal
Old 12-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Registered

A regular trs spacer kit would still work
Old 01-09-2016, 09:16 AM
Registered
Gold Member

I took a few measurement and my prop shaft Is approx 7.5 inch below the bottom. It sounds like the setup you have might be a good place to start.

Any progress on the project? Please keep me posted.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:08 AM
Registered

Sorry for the late update but here it goes.... Took the boat out two weeks ago and so far the drive works great. Solved my handling issues and is already at least 5mph faster on my deal with a prop that is not quite right.... Now the bad news for me. On my last run to attempt to air it out and see how it does a stock rod broke in the engine. But no worries at this point all that I'm waiting on to get it back together is my new Callies crank and rods to get here Monday then a little head work and we'll be putting this thing back together with more power for testing.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:09 AM
Registered

It would be nice to see pictures of the drive on the boat if you took any while it was still together. Love seeing things like this. Thanks
Old 01-24-2016, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a bravo lower I would be interested in taking 1 1/2 off. Are you doing the vertical shafts also?
Old 01-25-2016, 11:06 AM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Ever figure out how to make them for a twin set up yet? I would really like a stronger lower and/or shorty for my trs's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.