Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
how much hp will a bravo take? >

how much hp will a bravo take?

Notices

how much hp will a bravo take?

Old 04-04-2016, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

On the issue of the tall decks fitting, if you don't have a set of older stellings, or custom cmi's I don't think they are going to fit. My last boat had 34" crank centers, with 9.8 deck blocks and raised port afr heads my cmi sport tubes were touching.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

well ****!!!!was hoping for a cheaper route than replacement drives....but guess that's the boat im in...lol.but getting off topic and glad we did I measured the stock 502s in the boat now that has stainless marine exhaust on it and seems like the new motors with emi dry exhaust is about a 1/2" wider and with the carb and air cleaner on it was around 3" taller,i think I have a inch of clearance on the stock intake....thinking of just raising the whole swim pad up and adding foam to the head rest and rear of swim pad and have it recovered to fill in the gap front and back...also add new thicker seal to bottom of hatch...want to retain stock look without cutting hatch...a lot more to this than I bargained for
Old 04-04-2016, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my 33 icbm . My pfaff 572 fit .. Cmi etops .. Had to lean the two .. Cmi bent them . They call it leaning them . They fit just fine .. Raised port heads ect .. Just saying not sure if theres a whole lot of differance in stringer confiquration between the two though . I would think probly the same .. Good luck either way .
Old 04-04-2016, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]553540[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails how much hp will a bravo take?-156_zps13e4342f.jpg  
Old 04-14-2016, 12:00 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
Do it right or you are going to be changing drives like a Nascar team.
That is not a light boat with decent HP like VooDooRob said I had a ProCharged Velocity 280 that made 720 HP and 727 tq after Bravo #7 and back in the water before the water cooled I went B-max and would never do it any other way I had 6 turn key years before letting it go. My $.02.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by blownzr1
well ****!!!!was hoping for a cheaper route than replacement drives....but guess that's the boat im in...lol.but getting off topic and glad we did I measured the stock 502s in the boat now that has stainless marine exhaust on it and seems like the new motors with emi dry exhaust is about a 1/2" wider and with the carb and air cleaner on it was around 3" taller,i think I have a inch of clearance on the stock intake....thinking of just raising the whole swim pad up and adding foam to the head rest and rear of swim pad and have it recovered to fill in the gap front and back...also add new thicker seal to bottom of hatch...want to retain stock look without cutting hatch...a lot more to this than I bargained for
On the 32's with 500efi's in them they put a raised insert in the hatch. May give you enough clearance.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

thanks for the info Wildman...do you know what years they made that hatch,was thinking of getting another hatch to cut up if I had to?
Old 04-14-2016, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by RBeyer
That is not a light boat with decent HP like VooDooRob said I had a ProCharged Velocity 280 that made 720 HP and 727 tq after Bravo #7 and back in the water before the water cooled I went B-max and would never do it any other way I had 6 turn key years before letting it go. My $.02.
What speed lose did you see with the Bmax?