Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
How much should a Kaama drive trim up from 0 trim (parallel with hull bottom)? >

How much should a Kaama drive trim up from 0 trim (parallel with hull bottom)?

Notices

How much should a Kaama drive trim up from 0 trim (parallel with hull bottom)?

Old 06-12-2016, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default How much should a Kaama drive trim up from 0 trim (parallel with hull bottom)?

Question for those that own or have owned kaama's in the past? How much positive trim did the drives have? I am finishing up my custom rigging of kaama's on my scarab and need to make sure I have all my linkage setup right. It would be great if someone has or could take a photo from the side of the boat showing the amount of angle the drives trim up.

Thanks
Jim
Old 06-13-2016, 09:44 AM
Registered

Anyone?
Old 06-13-2016, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

Mine "will" trim to the max the cylinders will go each way, but I don't have specifics. I don't have power in mine or I'd trim it to ride height. I can measure the spare teardrops I have with cylinders and maybe give you an estimate on overall geometry if that will help?
Old 06-13-2016, 06:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CDShack
Mine "will" trim to the max the cylinders will go each way, but I don't have specifics. I don't have power in mine or I'd trim it to ride height. I can measure the spare teardrops I have with cylinders and maybe give you an estimate on overall geometry if that will help?
Thanks man! I guess the question I have is does the drive have any positive trim above flat with the hull bottom. For what I am reading it seems like it doesn't but just making sure!

Thanks
Jim
Old 06-14-2016, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

Oh yeah, mine has quite a bit. You can actually trim them into cavitation at speed if you wanted. Guessing about 15*-ish? I'll get you the measurements tonight.