Donzi 22ZX/bravo owners, need help please >

Donzi 22ZX/bravo owners, need help please

Notices

Donzi 22ZX/bravo owners, need help please

Old 07-09-2016, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Donzi 22ZX/bravo owners, need help please

If you've got this combo, preferably a non step hull, could you please take a look at your drive ram pin and tell me which position its in (I.e. pin to the stern spacer towards bow, or vice versa)?

I just finished a gimbal bearing/bellows job and noticed the Mercrusier manual specifies that Bravo Ones should have the semi circular spacer positioned towards the bow, mine was in the opposite position which Merc states is for Bravo 2 and 3 only.

I can't tell if Donzi set it this way on purpose or if a prior servicer swapped positions unknowingly.

Thanks
Old 07-09-2016, 03:38 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Donzi 22ZX/bravo owners, need help please-20160709_163310.jpg   Donzi 22ZX/bravo owners, need help please-20160709_163256.jpg  
Old 07-09-2016, 03:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jponfrank
Hope this helps.
It does, thanks very much. Mine is now setup like that which also matches the Merc manual. Somewhere along the line someone must have flipped the spacer around, explains why my hole shot has always been poor.