Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
say hello to the forum with a little question... >

say hello to the forum with a little question...

Notices

say hello to the forum with a little question...

Old 09-11-2016, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default say hello to the forum with a little question...

Hello forum,

at the first, please apologize ma bad and "rusty" english. My Name is Karl, i'm 44 years old and i'm a car mechanic for a lot of years. Five years ago i began repair some old boats with glass fiberglass reinforced plastics - not wooden boats.
Then i have the first motor break.I ask some shops near Munich if they can repair the engine but in the cheapest case i have to pay 1500€- 3500€. To much for my feeling! So i bought some Machines for honing and boring and some else - meanwhile a full workshop.
I repair engines only for my own and some friends. Now - my first time - i have to repair my bravo one because a storm "crash" - the fin is broken. I think by myself - i can change the whole outdrive because the bravo one i think, i a little bit poor for 502 Magnum and my boat a SeaRay 260 OV is very heavy.
I bought a complete outdrive Bravo one X but the gears are a little bit corroded from water inside. The preowner change the oil and sell the drive..... the bearing areas are corroded and i think the bearings breaks i a few hours. The tooth count is 27/29.
In germany the market is very small and the quantity of experts as well. Furthermore they don't want to expose your information's.

Now my explicit question. I can by some other gear set's but i can not identify if this gears from an Bravo X or from a "normal" bravo one outdrive.I check some papers but if the gears are near forged or not i can't realize.
How can i visual identify the gears? There are numbers outside of the gears - does this information's help ? I have to check it next weak in my workshop.

Thanks for the answers and kind regards to the experts in USA

Karl