XR  Sport Drive with ITS >

XR Sport Drive with ITS

Notices

XR Sport Drive with ITS

Old 08-07-2017, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default XR Sport Drive with ITS

Looking to grease the gimbal bearing, but can't find the fitting. I removed the plastic cover on the outside of the transome but theres no grease fitting on the side like a normal XR without ITS. 2014 Active Thunder with 565s Sport Drive. Thanks, in advance.

Jeff
Old 08-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

thanks to EPA no more grease fittings on the water side .....
Old 08-09-2017, 10:01 PM
Registered

Thanks, for the reply. I just ran it on the muffs and the noise is coming from the upper drive just under the drive shower. It's not clicking just a whine with a little vibration. It dosent change with angle of the outdrive or turning of the drives. The noise goes up and down with the Rpm range. Is it possible to just have a upper cap bearing go bad?
Old 08-09-2017, 10:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Lake Bound
Thanks, for the reply. I just ran it on the muffs and the noise is coming from the upper drive just under the drive shower. It's not clicking just a whine with a little vibration. It dosent change with angle of the outdrive or turning of the drives. The noise goes up and down with the Rpm range. Is it possible to just have a upper cap bearing go bad?
the top cap has the clutch shaft bearing in the center of the tower and the inner race for the driven gear, it also holds the race for the driven gear thrust bearing,... its easy enough to check, just remove the hardware holding the cap on and just remove the cap. Is this drive running a l/h rotation prop ?
Old 08-10-2017, 08:21 AM
Registered

No, R/H. I've babyed the boat since I've owned it. It had only 108 hours when purchased it this winter. I get on plane very slow to not put extra stress on the drives. I've also never had the drives out of the water. In my last boat a Baja 30 Outlaw with 496Hos I did break an X drive ounce for not being quick enough on the throttles while drives out of the water. I'm cautious with this setup because the higher X dimension and having to run Maxximuss 32 pitch props to hookup. Thanks JT.

Last edited by Lake Bound; 08-11-2017 at 06:57 AM.