Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
Bmax seeping oil slightly, what to do? >

Bmax seeping oil slightly, what to do?

Notices

Bmax seeping oil slightly, what to do?

Old 08-08-2017, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could you share a picture of this stand? I was thinking about doing that. Do you just build it close to the proper height then use the tongue jack on the trailer to get it closer so it slides in?
Old 08-08-2017, 11:47 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by Dahlilama
Oh oh and who did the work????.....yours truly! I am dreading lifting this thing again, still waiting for my nuts to come back out!!

Well okay then,,,no need for the high performance stuff sucks drama then. However, Self induced drama is not a buzz kill for the audience. LOL.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:50 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Could you share a picture of this stand? I was thinking about doing that. Do you just build it close to the proper height then use the tongue jack on the trailer to get it closer so it slides in?
Yup. Having Wheels helps a lot.

Although not nearly as good as a stand, I have used a snowmobile dolly (lots of those around here) in a bind.

Last edited by SB; 08-08-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Registered

I gotta do my own work!!!,,,, if I had to pay people I wouldn't have a boat!!!! I live in New York where shmuck shumer and Cuomo take all of my money!!!!! They must have boats to pay for.

So basicslly everyone is saying take it take it off and reinstall. I know what I'm doing this weekend!!
Old 08-08-2017, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 08-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,048 Likes on 1,357 Posts

You stated its coming from both sides of the top, if that's the case I wouldn't pull it, does it have a shower on it ? pull the top cap and see if the gasket is out of place or torn, is the top tight ?
Old 08-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stand

PM me your email. I'll send a picture of a 2x4 and 2x10 stand that the skeg fits in than place it on a motorcycle jack you'll be able to roll it around and lift drive
Old 08-08-2017, 11:23 PM
Registered

Clustergear...pm sent...I think, not too good with this computer stuff

F2- great thought. I never thought it could be the top cap. It seems to running down the surface where the drive mates but there is a ridge there that it is probably following down. I find it hard to believe that both top bolts would be leaking. I recall when you remove the top cap that there is a vertical shelf on the side near the transom so maybe that is leaking and going both ways. Hopefully Friday or Saturday I'll get to removing the top cap. I'll update you guys on what I find. Thanks for all the input
Old 08-09-2017, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clustergear...pm sent...I think, not too good with this computer stuff

F2- great thought. I never thought it could be the top cap. It seems to running down the surface where the drive mates but there is a ridge there that it is probably following down. I find it hard to believe that both top bolts would be leaking. I recall when you remove the top cap that there is a vertical shelf on the side near the transom so maybe that is leaking and going both ways. Hopefully Friday or Saturday I'll get to removing the top cap. I'll update you guys on what I find. Thanks for all the input
Top cap leaking where the shift is located is a common problem there is an o ring use to seal. Merc has a fix for the problem. It's called a plug part #19-865866. I e mailed you pictures of cheapie drive lift this morning, will send you picture of plug. If I can help you out with anything let me know, I see your in upstate NY I'm in LG and keep a large supply of drive parts at my house
Old 08-14-2017, 12:25 PM
Registered

Just an update if anyone is interested. Got the boat back a few days ago and it's definitely not the top cap like I was hoping. Ordered new install kit and fluids from the bravo shop and will be pulling it off and putting it back on and hoping for the best this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.