Notices

Blackhawk Drives

Old 11-29-2002, 07:52 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back when I was looking at the Reindel, I asked him about the BH. Of all the drives they had tried, they had not tried the BH. The volvo was working and they decided to stick to a known combination.

Ric-I you are looking to get out of the BH, I'd be looking to get into one. I also have a 2" shortie drive that would work very nicely in it's place.
Old 11-29-2002, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Blackhawk Props

KenD,
Can you go into a little more detail about the availability of the Blackhawk Prop. I have a 22 Classic with the Blackhawk Drive, and when I called Mercury about new props, they told me that they have some new front props in the warehouse, but no rear ones. What brand does Mercury sell?
Old 11-29-2002, 03:25 PM
Registered

I'll check my notes. I talked to a supplier about two weeks ago who told me they where avaliable. Must have halfheimers, I can't remember who told me they had them.

If you can use a pair of 27" props, I have a spare pair of props, new in box (if I can find the box), that I could let you have at whatever the suppliers price would be.

KenD
Old 11-29-2002, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Blackhawk Props

KenD,
Thanks for the reply. I did find a used pair during my search. The Donzi Blackhawk uses a 31 pitch. When I spoke to Mercury Racing (5 months ago) about them, they said that there were talks of possibly resuming production of the props. Maybe they have already started.
Old 11-30-2002, 12:58 PM
Registered

Ricochet:

In response to your original reply, blackhawk parts are getting fairly hard to find. I blew the vertical drive shaft. My badluck, with the cold weather setting in, I only had fishing boats to run up against. I caught a little air (hey - its not like I am not running this thing off-shore) and I blew the shaft. I ordered the replacement shaft and bearing carrier assembly - no problem. Alot of the parts are common to bravo III's. The problem that I am having is that some of the merc specialty tools have bean backorder for several months. I have been scolded on Donzi.net for the following comment - Mercruiser Blackhawk service is hard to find (in Indiana anyway - so I opted to do the repair myself).

I am 1-2 hours south of you if you what to stop by for a ride. I plan to purchase a trolling motor so I won't get trapped out in the lake. Not kidding, after I made it a point to piss-off all of the fisherman, it was difficult to find a tow in.

I really do like the blackhawk and I do recommend it, however, be prepaired to spend some money.

Andy
Old 11-30-2002, 08:07 PM
Registered

Thanks for everyone's input.

Andy- Where in Indy are you able to get your repair parts? Or are you mail ordering from another location? I run up in Syracuse at Lake Wawasee. It's as close as we get to offshore conditions here in northern Indiana, what with an eight mile open stretch and nothing but sea walls buffeting the shorelines. On a good day we can get 3-4 ftr's.

Do you run out at Geist? Roughly what did the parts cost you?

Ricochet.
Old 11-30-2002, 08:37 PM
mtm
Registered

Default blackhawk

? has anyone had imco or maxx work on a blackhawk to try to keep them together
Old 11-30-2002, 09:10 PM
Registered

Ricochet,

When I am running, it is Geist. I obtain most of my repair parts off the internet. Stem-to-stern because they are competetive and have a full illustrated parts breakdown for blackhawks (it was also nice that they came up in a yahoo search). Also, mercury parts express and you pick the distributor. I am sure there are many others.

I did order Imco repair parts. I was surprised and disappointed when the parts came in a quicksilver package. I was hoping for something bullet proof. Being from Indiana, if anyone claims that their part or drive is bullet proof, I am going to buy it and take it to the back yard and shoot it.

bearing carrier - $ 167.40
IMCO (quicksilver) drive shaft - $ 168.90
propeller nut tool - $ 56.00
bearing retainer wrench - $ 59.58
bearing adapter tool - $ 54.24
trolling motor for sea trials - $$ priceless $$

Andy

Last edited by indyblackhawk; 11-30-2002 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Registered

looking for black hawk props 29 or 31 even if you have none matching sets pleas let me know or call 661 860 9298
Old 01-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by neil450
looking for black hawk props 29 or 31 even if you have none matching sets pleas let me know or call 661 860 9298
Contact Offshoredrillin he has a new set in the box i believe, not sure what size.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Quick Reply: Blackhawk Drives

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.