Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Electronics
How accurate are livorsi GPS speedometers? >

How accurate are livorsi GPS speedometers?

Notices

How accurate are livorsi GPS speedometers?

Old 10-22-2015, 02:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How accurate are livorsi GPS speedometers?

Sorry this is a real question. My iPhone 6+ Speedo app says almost 2 MPH faster than the Livorsi on my boat. I am working on dialing in props so..... I guess I break out my old Garmin and try for a third opinion.... Not sure what to think as the iPhone app works great in my cars and is very close to what my car GPS says. Man you can never have enough props.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]546800[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails How accurate are livorsi GPS speedometers?-img_4855.jpg  
Old 10-22-2015, 02:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd go with the highest reading...+ 2 MPH
Old 10-22-2015, 03:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

That does not help with the prop dial-in and I don't run Tuff boats in Long Island. I will get together a couple stick on GP's from our cars and stick them to the dash when I test my 32P Bravo next time out. 30P BBlades worked is way to high RPM for me. Would like to be between 5200 and 5400 max. Just curious, don't think I have ever heard anyone say the Livorsi was off by 2 MPH if in fact it really is. My problem is changed to an IMCO SC Xtreme -3" drive from the standard Bravo 1 and I have 4 props. Changed to many things and on top of that, my usually reliable app is showing a big difference from my GPS speedo? Yea I guess maybe I do need a beer now. Propping a boat is a lot harder with this cat than any other boat I have ever had. Sure handles better with the IMCO -3 though than the huge Bravo. Much harder to get on plane now though, pretty heavy Cougar 22 MTR with 500EFI.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Do the Livorsi's have any adjustment?

I have been testing my phone app(s) I have two of them one free, one I bought in two different cars and it works very well comparing the the speedo and the Garmin GPS both....... Within .2 MPH with the Garmin's two different ones I'm stumped. Trying to fill out the BBlades paperwork to send in a 32P Bravo I have that is unmolested and I want it as accurate as possible.

Oh and interesting enough, with the IMCO -3 and the same 30P BBlades worked prop at 4K RPM I am almost 10 MPH faster from 40 to 50 MPH at 4K. Amazing how going with the IMCH SC Drive changed the performance of my boat. Night and day and drives BETTER all around. No porpoise, harder to get on plane but once planed it is like a different more efficient boat.

Last edited by Baja170; 10-22-2015 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Ok talked to two boat riggers/manufacturers. They say it is pretty common for them to be off a mile or two either way. And I had a beer. Thank you guys for the help.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:45 PM
Registered

My livorsi speedo is off by about 2mph also
Old 10-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

OK 3 now. Thank you for the info. I knew 2 separate Garmin GPS's my car NAV computer that is built in, 2 car speedometers and 2 apps for iPhone one paid for and one free that all agree within .2MPH seemed more logical to be correct than one GPS speedometer. I will add in the calculation to send to BBlades on the paperwork they have you fill out to best help you.

Thank you!
Old 10-22-2015, 07:54 PM
Registered

Are you at the same speed for a period of time? Some of my GPS's are faster showing the current speed then the others when accelerating. If I hold the speed they are all very close.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Good question. I was wide open for about 3 miles on 3 separate maybe 4 runs and the Livorsi showed what it shows on recall after all of it. My phone apps showed about 2 MPH faster all the time and both of them pretty much were the same. Not a big deal now. I know what to calculate in for BBlades close enough. I was just surprised, never hear of the Livorsi's being off before and never owned one before this boat I have had a few months. Thank you for the info. The lake is in the mountains, maybe that interferes with the Livorsi and not the phone, not sure.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The added speed came from the shorter drive not just because it is an IMCO. I have a -2 and a -3 IMCO drive and gained speed with the -3 because of efficiency. Less drive in the water and being able to trim back down for more efficiency at top speed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.